INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Settings Keep Changing  (Read 1565 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist Settings Keep Changing
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:02:52 pm »

I have a Smartlists set up whose only purpose is to give me an automatically shuffled version of a regular playlist.

I can set it up fine. I have several of these lists made. I understand what to do. Sometimes they just don't save the settings. So instead of having "Playlist" "is any" "name and location of the original playlist" it will all get lost.

It may be connected to when I remove a song from the original dumblist but I have not confirmed that.

What's the deal?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Smartlist Settings Keep Changing
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:06:21 pm »

Do you have a client that connects to a server?

If the answer is yes, that's the deal, but, all is not lost :)

It's a bit messed up, and an absolute nightmare for the devs to fix, apparently, so for now, we have to put up with it. The problem arises when the client syncs back to the server... it messes up the PlaylistID of existing smartlists.

The work around, on the server, is not to use the wizard, but instead, enter a 'custom' rule along the lines of:
p="regular"

That would include tracks from any playlist with "regular" in its path or name. Just pick a rule that uniquely targets the playlist you want.
If any of that isn't clear, just shout and myself, or someone, will be a bit more verbose.

Using a shortcut rule like that protects your smartlist from the client syncing shenanigans.

-marko

rec head

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:23:24 am »

Thanks even though I have no idea what you're talking about with p= .

You are right that I am doing this on the client. I'll make the Smartlist on the server and see how it goes. I have other lists where this isn't a problem so maybe that is all I have to do.

I appreciate your help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 10:52:24 am »

I still think you'll see smart list rule corruption. There's a short thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105230.msg731831.html#msg731831
that also contains links to more detailed explanations.

Also, have a look at the screen snip attached. On the left end, you see a playlist group. The rule entered into the smartlist creator excludes the three playlists "hidden, allowed and recycle" from the results.

This will not break.

Had I used the wizard's "Playlists | is not any | hidden etc." here, they would get corrupted by a client sync to the server in quite short order.

Hopefully that helps a bit better than my post before :)

-marko

rec head

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 09:06:49 am »

I really appreciate the help. So far all I have done is make the smartlist changes changes on the server and it is working. I haven't really done anything on the client side yet besides view the list but at this point before it would have been messed up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up