INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evaluating JRiver as an Alternative to play USB tunes on a Mac  (Read 1330 times)

Dave Henderson

I have a library of over 300,000 MP3s. The are all tagged and stored on a 4TB USB Drive. The drive is created and managed by Windows. It is NTFS formatted, all files and folders are NTFS compressed,  marked READONLY and the drive partition is also set to readonly. This is to prevent fuckups.

Now I have a want to use this drive on a MacBook Pro. The Mac sees the device just fine. I am not 100% sure that OSX honors partition protection, but we will see.

I purchased 20 a while ago and lately installed it on the Mac. Last night I purchased 22 (for $50 even though a deal was promoted on 23 that isn't yet available... think I screwed myself.)

I figured out how to Import all the MP3s from the USB device. And that leads me to my question...

This drive is updated with new additions and also has some albums moved around or even deleted from time to time. This has nothing to do with the Mac. So I am wondering what to do after an update when I plug it back into the Mac.

Do I simply re-Import? If so does JRiver take care of duplicates? Does it remove previously imported tunes that are no longer there or in another place? If not, is there a method to remove all previously imported information first (without touching the USB Drive?)

Pages: [1]   Go Up