INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Date Imported" reset?  (Read 1030 times)

squeedle

• World Citizen
"Date Imported" reset?
« on: May 04, 2017, 11:12:34 pm »

MC22 seems to have reset the "Date Imported" for all my audio files. Not the video files, just the audio files. This is a huge bummer for me. I rely on the "recent albums" view for several reasons. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Date Imported" reset?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:41:02 am »

I would guess that MC silently reimported all of your files after thinking that they were all "gone". This normally happens when you have the files on a drive that might not be there all the time.  Like a removable drive, or a NAS that might not be turned on, or ready by the time that MC starts.

That, in conjunction with MC's setting to "Fix broken links" would delete all of your files, if the drive wasn't available for some reason.  Then, next time the drive was available, MC would auto import them all again, but not in the original order.

I would suggest restoring a recent Library Backup.  MC makes them automatically every few days.  File > Library > Restore Library

Then I would suggest setting Fix broken links to NO:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > tasks > Fix broken Links > NO

Good luck,

Brian.

squeedle

• World Citizen
Re: "Date Imported" reset?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 09:03:31 pm »

Thanks, that makes sense. Will give it a go. :)  Hopefully I don't wind up inadvertently screwing over my whole library...
Pages: [1]   Go Up