INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't see total run time of my playlist -- can I?  (Read 1517 times)

David353

• Recent member
can't see total run time of my playlist -- can I?
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:24:15 am »

Hi,

iTunes shows me the current running length of my playlist as I compose it.  This is important to me for DJing a tango dance (milonga).  I need to fit a prescribed total time for the evening accurately.

It is not important for me that it is continuously updated,  just any way to query it would be good.

I'm surprised I can't see this on JRiver.   Or can I?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: can't see total run time of my playlist -- can I?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:30:19 am »

It should be in the status bar at the bottom of the playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:18:07 am »

David,

Just about anywhere you are in MC's Standard View, when you have one or more items highlighted, you will see summary statistics in the status bar at the bottom.  If you select an album, you'll see the whole album's run time, file size, etc.   If you select one song, you'll just see the stats for that one song.

So, when you are editing a playlist, you may have single songs selected, which would show just that song at the bottom.  So, any time you want to see the whole playlist's run time, just select all the files.  It's convenient for me to do this by pressing control-A (select all).  Just click on any song in the list, press control-A and look at the status area at the bottom.

Good luck.

Brian.

David353

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:20:01 am »

Thanks.  That's great.  I had noticed the status bar and had noticed that what was selected was summarized.  I tried selecting the playlist itself on the left, but it didn't work.  I didn't know or think of the fact that a group-selection would do the job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up