INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature to Provide Ability to Star Albums  (Read 2869 times)

twgehr

• Recent member
Feature to Provide Ability to Star Albums
« on: May 06, 2017, 11:47:03 am »

Is the ability to rate albums available? If not, could it get included in an upcoming feature list?

Thanks so much,

Tom

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature to Provide Ability to Star Albums
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 04:45:31 pm »

It is possible to add your own custom library fields (such as Album Rating) and set the edit type to "five stars" or even "ten stars". Set data type to integer, and relational value to "store one value for each album".

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields

twgehr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:05 pm »

Thanks so much. I will try this. Been away for a bit, and just got back.  8)

twgehr

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »

Ok. Setting it up that way really doesn't do any good because it assigns "Five Stars" for every song in the album which is no different then the "Rating" field. I was thinking more of having the album rating show up for example in the Player Cover Art section. Any way to do that?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:44:35 pm »

Editing skins (like playing now) isn't necessarily simple but it can be done.  If you're lucky you may find a user submitted skin that comes close

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109832.msg765199/boardseen.html#new

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 06:30:12 am »

Ok. Setting it up that way really doesn't do any good because it assigns "Five Stars" for every song in the album which is no different then the "Rating" field. I was thinking more of having the album rating show up for example in the Player Cover Art section. Any way to do that?

There are numerous options.  Wouldn't you want the album rating to show in your albums view?  The view where you see all of your albums displayed along with their names?  You can add any text you want to that view using the pull down menu at the top:  Thumbnails > Thumbnail text
Just add in your [Album Rating] field where you want to see it and then you'll see your album rating along with the album name, etc.   Sounds like that would be pretty cool to me... I might have to do this myself.

Next, you can edit the text that appears at the top of MC's display that shows the title of what is playing now.  I have mine highly customized for different media types (music versus movies versus TV shows; all show different info).  To get started, just right click in that text display area at the top and select Customize Display.  Then you can type in field names where you want them to appear.

You could easily put the [Album Rating] field somewhere near the album name.  Or where ever in the display you want to see it.

Good luck!

Brian.

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:30 am »

Is it possible to bold thumbnail text? Example: 1969 Abbey Road

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:14 am »

Is it possible to bold thumbnail text? Example: 1969 Abbey Road

Sure!

Just put the thumbnail text in a bold marker.  Example:

Code: [Select]
[Name]
[Duration]
<b>Hi Matt!</b>
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:04 am »

Thanks!  :)

twgehr

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:07:44 pm »

There are numerous options.  Wouldn't you want the album rating to show in your albums view?  The view where you see all of your albums displayed along with their names?  You can add any text you want to that view using the pull down menu at the top:  Thumbnails > Thumbnail text
Just add in your [Album Rating] field where you want to see it and then you'll see your album rating along with the album name, etc.   Sounds like that would be pretty cool to me... I might have to do this myself.

Next, you can edit the text that appears at the top of MC's display that shows the title of what is playing now.  I have mine highly customized for different media types (music versus movies versus TV shows; all show different info).  To get started, just right click in that text display area at the top and select Customize Display.  Then you can type in field names where you want them to appear.

You could easily put the [Album Rating] field somewhere near the album name.  Or where ever in the display you want to see it.

Good luck!

Brian.

That is very helpful. Thanks so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up