INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD Homerun  (Read 1226 times)

Dai Guinness

• Recent member
HD Homerun
« on: May 06, 2017, 03:06:41 pm »

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd posted this yesterday but darned if I can find it now  ?.  Anyway, I was interested in using JRiver MC for all my media needs including TV and DVR.  Has anyone got any experience (good or bad) of using the HDHomerun with MC please.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: HD Homerun
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 04:46:09 pm »

I use it with a Fios Cablecard.  No problems.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »

Hi Dai

I use an HDHomerun Connect with JRiver. Its a very neat solution as I have the Connect plugged in to my router which is some distance away from the Intel NUC I use to run JRiver. Since day one it has worked faultlessly and is fully supported. This is a DVB T2 tuner for the UK.

My one observation would be to make sure you have a good quality aerial feed. I had to replace my loft aerial with a bigger, better grouped aerial and it still is marginal when the weather is bad. I may yet move it outdoors to get more signal.

Good luck.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:52:37 pm »

You'll find a number of users on the forum have HDHR units working well with MC (including some of the devs - which is always a plus come troubleshooting time).

They stream over your network, so firewall permissions can be required (I used to do this ages back) but they auto-configure pretty well now.

I've got 2 DVB-T units and they've been working hard for ... gee, I'm guessing here ... over 5 years and they've done well. One unit's power supply died on me a few weeks ago, so I just bought a generic replacement. No worries.

Check the forum and you'll find various mentions of them. My expectation is that you'll get good mileage out of them, especially if you want to watch TV live in different rooms of your house.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Dai Guinness

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05:05:48 pm »

Thanks, that's really great news and it looks like I now have a busy morning tomorrow :-\  Could I check what it's like for recording live TV too.  Forgive my inexperience with this - I'm a bit of a newbie to this stuff, was using WMC previously which apart from setting up the TV feed was pretty much all plug and play.  JRiver knocks spots off everything else I've looked at over the last week or so and it just seems to keep getting better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up