INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OK I've gone and done it.  (Read 1965 times)

johnnie

• Recent member
OK I've gone and done it.
« on: May 09, 2017, 05:08:08 pm »

I have just bought a license despite some issues still. I hope you guys can help when I need it. I have already said that I have been using Musicbee for years and may well find the change a bit of a steep learning curve. MB was so intuitive but the forum have said they are not developing DLNA any further. Strange as I cant believe many people are still using PC speakers with their large collection of music. Is Wiki the best source for help (is it up to date?) or the forum. :-*

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: OK I've gone and done it.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »

I try to research a question (eg, via Google using site:JRiver.com), and then I'll ask in one of the forums.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »

I have just bought a license despite some issues still.

Welcome aboard.

MB was so intuitive but the forum have said they are not developing DLNA any further. Strange as I cant believe many people are still using PC speakers with their large collection of music.

DLNA is not the only way to get your music out to a DAC.  Most DACs have USB inputs these days, so you just connect it up via USB to the computer and then configure it inside of MC as your sound output device.  Then you connect your DAC to your preamp/amp/avr/etc and you're all set.

Of course this pretty much means that you need a dedicated media computer in your AV rack (or close).  I think this is the ideal setup.  Many people like DLNA.  Just letting you know there are other ways of doing it.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that long AES-EBU cables can be used from computer to DAC.  I'm not sure what the distance is, but it's much longer than USB.

Brian.

johnnie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »

Yes I am aware of the asynchronous USB, my Cambridge CXN has an input. Its trailing the cable across the room from my desktop to my hifi that's the problem. And of course with several dlna devices around the house its a breeze to switch from one to another.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:42 pm »

Cool.  Again, welcome.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up