INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld synching through dropbox not working at play time on handheld device  (Read 1496 times)

David353

• Recent member

EDIT: you can ignore this for now -- the problem is worse and is not dropbox-related. I'll put up another post about it.

I want to play a playlist that I wrote on my PC using JRiver MC, on my Samsung Galaxy.

What I had hoped for was this:  I would Handheld- synch to a folder,  called Playlist, in my dropbox, on my PC.

I would 'run' that .m3u playlist on my Samsung, through the dropbox.

It doesn't work.  I don't understand why.   It's probably not a JRiver mistake, but I hope that someone here might have a clue what's up. When I try to run the .m3u file through VLC player on Samsung, I get a series of 'could not play' messages, and identified files.

Here's what I know:
1. The .m3u file plays properly through VLC on my laptop in the dropbox.  No problems.  This .m3u files has relative paths to .mp3 files which are indeed there as they should be.

.\..\Dave Brubeck\Cortina 26s Take 5.mp3
.\..\Juan D'Arienzo\Juan D'Arienzo Instrumental vol. 1 (Solo Tango)\04 El Flete.mp3

2.  The .m3u file is there on my dropbox in my Samsung as it should be.

3.  The .mp3 files which should be played are there as they should be on my Samsung.  And I can play them individually, in the dropbox folder in my Samsung by clicking on them.

This problem shows up with ALL playlist players I have tried.

Is there some problem with dropbox?  Does it not resolve relative paths properly?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Try playing with the playlist format options in Handheld Sync. Specifically try the "m3u without leading dot." I usually have more success with this option (enough so that I think it should be set as the default).

You can test this without a resync by just editing the existing .m3u file on your phone and removing the ".\" from the beginning of the filenames.
Pages: [1]   Go Up