INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd pause behaviour in Theatre View  (Read 1910 times)

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Odd pause behaviour in Theatre View
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:20:56 am »

I use a MCE remote to control Theatre View on my HTPC which is connected to my TV.
I am aware that JRiver's pause behaviour is different to what I am used to, in that once you press pause the "correct" way to resume playing is to press pause again and NOT play.
But it is hard for me to brake the habit of a lifetime so I occasionally press play when I have paused a movie in order to restart it. What happens when I do is that the audio of the movie resumes playing but with no picture and a dialogue box pops up asking me if I want to start from the beginning or resume (despite the fact the audio of the movie is already playing!).
At this point pressing pause or play has no effect and only when I press the OK button does MC react at which point the audio and picture jump back to where I had paused and then continues to play as normal from there.
I find this behaviour odd and really frustrating, is this a bug or is there a way to change this behaviour?

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Re: Odd pause behaviour in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:35:53 am »

I've been using JRiver for 4 years, almost exclusively Theater View with a MCE remote.

For videos, I'm in the habit of using the OK button for pause/unpause.  Works great, try it.  It's easier to find without looking at the remote.

For audio, that doesn't work unless you use the arrow buttons to navigate onscreen to highlight "Pause" first.  Otherwise you have to use the pause button on the remote, then remember NOT to hit Play to unpause or the song will start all over.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

I have the exact same frustration.

For videos, I'm in the habit of using the OK button for pause/unpause.  Works great, try it. 

That is easy if MC is the only program you use to watch videos. I use the same remote to watch videos from MC, Plex, HBO Go, Amazon Video, and more. Pressing 'pause' to pause and then 'play' to resume playing is a pretty universal thing that works in all apps and even when it isn't (press pause again to resume), pressing play while paused just results in nothing happening not the odd behavior of the video starting back up with the 'resume or restart' menu.

I would love to know if there was an option I am missing somewhere. I could swear it used to not do this either.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »

I don't use MC on Windows, so I'm not fully conversant in it's options for Remote Control.  I think under Tools > Options there is a Remote Control category.  As I understand it, you can map IR Remote control buttons to MC functions there.  This document seems to describe the process:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MCE_Remote_Instructions

I would change the mapping of that play key to MC's normal play/pause function, since that's what it sounds like most of you want.

Good luck,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up