INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Recorder + Delete function  (Read 1242 times)

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
Sound Recorder + Delete function
« on: March 27, 2003, 11:48:24 am »

Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with using the Sound Recorder (to do things like record the web radio).

I've tried recording and they just come out blank.  I've tried with an output mode of Wave Out and DirectSound - but nothing....

Also - I've just deleted a music file in MC and I'm sure it used to prompt if you wanted to delete from Library only or from Library and disk.  All it done this time was delete from the library with no prompt about deleting from disk also....

Maybe I'm going mad (no comments please)..

Mark

I'm using the latest version of MC.  Love the new graphics by the way...

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Re: Sound Recorder + Delete function
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 07:41:57 am »

Also - I've just deleted a music file in MC and I'm sure it used to prompt if you wanted to delete from Library only or from Library and disk.  All it done this time was delete from the library with no prompt about deleting from disk also....

Are you sure you didn't just remove that file from your playlist? There are two different bahviors depending where your are deleting from: Media Library -> Delete will prompt and delete from HD. Playlists and Playing Now -> File is only removed from Playlist -> In this case use Shift+Delete which will prompt you to delete the file from HD.
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 08:56:54 pm »

YESSSS,  

I also have this problem.    All recording from internet radio come out blank.  The only input that functions on sound recorder is Microphone.  Using soundblaster SB PCI 128

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 600 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 27 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W2410A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:43:50 am »

Take a look at the "Line in recording" tips available on the Help menu on this web page. Take a look at the section beginning "If you are having trouble getting anything to record with any of the sources..."
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up