INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove Replay Gain tag info?  (Read 4820 times)

EleKtric

• Recent member
  • Sexy Geek Goddess with an ATTiTuDe!
How to remove Replay Gain tag info?
« on: January 29, 2003, 07:51:17 pm »

On searching this forum, I came across the following paragraph numerous times:

FROM THE MJ 8.0 HELP FILE:
<li>Expansive Id3 Tag Support. More flexibility with tagging. Can now remove tags, and save all fields into extended id3 v2 tags (including replay gain, custom fields, and rating)  

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find where any of this is supposed to happen.  I want to remove the Replay Gain tags from my files as I've since used MP3Gain to write the normalization directly to the files instead of the tags (so that my portable MP3 player will play all files at the same volume).

Is there any way to know if the Replay Gain tag info is still included in the file, and if so, can it be removed?  I just don't want MJ overcompensating by applying Replay Gain again to files that I've already normalized permanently.

Thanks!
~Cherie

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to remove Replay Gain tag info?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 08:56:39 pm »

Try looking in the Tools menu of the File Properties, there should be an option to Clean File Properties.

Rob

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 12:01:42 am »

I just don't want MJ overcompensating by applying Replay Gain again to files that I've already normalized permanently.

It shouldn't anyway. It does read the gain info from files that have been MP3Gained. You could also just uncheck Replay Gain from DSP Studio.

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 02:29:53 am »

Right.  Instead of removing the tags, you could force MJ to re-analyze the files and then it's RG adjustment would take the MP3Gain adjustment into account.  Or, like MachineHead said, just turn off the Replay Gain DSP.

Rob

EleKtric

• Recent member
  • Sexy Geek Goddess with an ATTiTuDe!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 11:12:36 pm »

I did end up turning off the Replay Gain option in DSP like y'all suggested, but thanks for also pointing out the Clean File Properties option as well.  I believe I did go there, but based on the text contained in that dialog box, I didn't see anything having to do with Replay Gain.  

I also found that if I bring up the Replay Gain dialog from within the File Properties, I could see the current Replay Gain settings there.  So although there doesn't appear to be a way to simply remove those tags, I thank you guys for the workarounds suggested.

~Cherie

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 11:34:21 pm »

In MC9, the Clean Properties dialog gives you a choice to remove specific fields from the tags.  I'm not sure if MJ8 gives you that option.

Rob

Listening to: 'What It Feels Like For A Girl (Young/Vission Velvet Masta Club Mix)' by 'Madonna' on Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up