INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash during playback  (Read 1760 times)

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
Crash during playback
« on: May 20, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »

I was asked which Anti Virus I was using. The answer is always the same. Windows Defender. The same AV I've been using since Windows 8, and now 10. The same AV that's never given issues under MC 21 as well as MC22.  My crash issue started with the 108 update, same as Ando. 

Quote from: Ando on May 06, 2017, 06:58:49 am
Mine just auto updated to the latest version 22.0.105 and now crashes every time I right click the mouse.
On any menu, any library, if I right click any file I get the windows error box "Media Center 22 has stopped working"

Same issue here, updated to 105 and now Media Center has become a crash fest - it's either "something went wrong", "Media Center has stopped responding", or files that play two minutes into a song and either quits or loops from the beginning to about that same two minutes over and over again. Uninstalled and reinstalled and no help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash during playback
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »

That's the kind of behavior that is often caused by antivirus software, even Windows Defender.  There is a wiki topic on Windows Defender.

That it happens with one build and not another doesn't mean anything. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:14:38 pm »

You originally posted this in the thread that announced 22.0.108.  Did you try that build?

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:01:30 pm »

108 is the build that's giving me issues.  That said, things are running a lot better now that I'm back on .105. Removed 108, reinstalled 105, and disabled automatic updates. All good now. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up