INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloooooowww Tagging  (Read 1302 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Sloooooowww Tagging
« on: May 21, 2017, 08:02:02 pm »

Similar to my post about the tab key and the experimental tagging window, I'm noticing a lot of slowness when I type data into a row and then hit enter. I get the blue ring that says "working," but it seems to take about 10 seconds or thereabouts per row, which again, as I said about the tab key thing in another post (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110737.0.html), really, really slows down tagging. Now this might have to do with my external hard drives (alas, I have a lot of them, and some are old, though backed up), or it could be my PC, though the latter is not quite a year old and pretty quick (benchmark score right now: 4839 and after a recent reboot, it was over 5000). So: I'm attaching a log here and hope someone could maybe take a look and see what's causing the hangup. Is it just slow external hdds and writing to tags? In terms of anti-virus, I only use Windows Defender. And I'm pretty sure I have permissions set up right on all my drives (I saw Glynor's thread, or maybe response, on a similar issue). And, finally, I always have up-to-date thumbnails built.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: added a couple of screen shots, too. The second doesn't show the blue "working" ring. It does show how MC expands to blank out the Windows taskbar at the bottom, though, thus not letting me go to a different program while I'm waiting, which of course is beyond frustrating, though of course it might just be something glitch in my own set-up.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sloooooowww Tagging
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »

Never mind on this question: I figured out that it was simply that I had too many files on too many drives with my basic classical genre "Classical"--that seemed to be why it was slowing down. I played around with a couple of albums in my basic non-classical, non-jazz, and non-blues genre, which is "Rock," which has many, many thousand less files in it, and I got no slow-down whatsoever. So I just created a new [Genre] tag called "Tagging" for whatever set of classical albums I'm tagging and presto! speed again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up