INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovering from a Windows Crash - Problems  (Read 1523 times)

azzmo

• Recent member
Recovering from a Windows Crash - Problems
« on: May 22, 2017, 02:22:25 am »

After reinstalling Windows 10 I imported my library.

Problems:
  • New songs in my Music folder do not get added to my JRiver library until I manually play the songs. It used to automatically add them. JRiver is set to use this folder, so it should be seeing them.
  • I can no longer assign remote control commands. Previously, I'd click "learn command" and press a button and it would react. Now it ignores my input entirely

I've tried:
  • Imported library backup files from ~user/documents/JRiver using the File->Library->Import function
  • Manually added files into ~user/AppData/Roaming/JRiver
  • Reinstalled JRiver 22

In all cases, the initial problem persists.

What is the best way of recovering from a Windows crash?

Is there a method to recover from the Windows crash in which everything returns to normal, including having recovering into the "main library" classification (instead of using a second or third option on the list)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Recovering from a Windows Crash - Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:49:25 am »

Check your auto import options for both directories and file types.  The wiki has a topic on Import.

azzmo

• Recent member
Re: Recovering from a Windows Crash - Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:03:29 pm »

Thanks Jim.

Any idea why (tools->options->remote control->commands->"start learning") would ignore input in a system with the same keyboard? It just sits at "Learning..." until I manually click "Stop Learning".

For the file import system, I have a quick suggestion:

I assumed that my system was pointed to my music folder because of this:

The fix was to go into the the "Configure auto-import" settings. I propose adding an indication that this step is required. Perhaps, if no folder is pointed to, it looks like this (with informative text):
Pages: [1]   Go Up