INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on iPad  (Read 1459 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
JRemote on iPad
« on: May 23, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

When JRemote runs on the iPad it takes quite a long time before it realizes it is not up to date with the server. At that time it syncs. with the server. Prior to that if you look at the "Now Playing List" it shows what was playing the last time JRemote was exited.  Is there a way for force JRemote to sync with the server when it is started?

Realize that when you simply exit the app. it is not stopped. If you dbl-clk on the home button, fine JRiver among the other apps and sweep up this actually stops the program. Starting it then causes it to sync. This, however, is a painful exercise.

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote on iPad
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 05:12:48 am »

Hi

When you start from scratch jremote syncs as you say

If you re activate to ensure its current,   the quickest way is to repeatedly tap the Back Arrow in the top left hand corner. Eventually it becomes a Cog tap the cog then tap your server name in the dialog. You then get the opening screen

Sounds a bit laboursome but it's quick...

That said as far as I know it syncs when it's active anyway. It even detects a Server Reset and re syncs.

For interest , I try to keep the no of apps down by actually closing them as you describe

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote on iPad
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 12:43:06 pm »

What frequently occurs to me is that JRemote connects with no problem upon starting the App.  Then for example I choose an album and listen to it all, an hour might elapse.  Then when I try and play something different, a message appears "Nothing is Playing".  If I wait about a minute, 1/3 of the time the new song will play.   If not, I need to stop the app and restart it.  This method works most of the time.  For the rest, I need to restart JRiver on the computer

Does this scenario indicate anything amiss?  The router (Apple Airplay) is in the same room in the ceiling void not more than 2 metres distant and connected to the main router with a LAN cable
If music be the food of love, play on
Pages: [1]   Go Up