INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deadlock on play from MacBook Pro 10.10.5 to Hugo TT  (Read 2818 times)

st.nsw

deadlock on play from MacBook Pro 10.10.5 to Hugo TT
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:56:14 am »

Hi, I have downloaded the newest trial copy of Media Centre. I have made a library, have the Hugo TT chosen, have the MacBook set to send sound to it.  It will play through the internal speakers if I set it to that, but when I set it to the Hugo it plays for a half second through my system and then freezes and deadlocks, so I have to force quit.  If I try again it just freezes without sound.  I tried fiddling with various settings and have had it give me error messages that say that the format is wrong and to try changing things in the dcp something.  I have done that but nothing improves.  There is nothing esoteric about my machine that I know of.  I tried reloading Media Centre, restarting MacBook.  Help says it should be an incompatibility, but I have no idea what.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: deadlock on play from MacBook Pro 10.10.5 to Hugo TT
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:23:26 am »

Can you play from the Mac to the Hugo with other programs?  VLC, Itunes, etc?  If so, we can almost certainly make MC for Mac play through it.  If not, then step one is to configure the Mac and Hugo so that they can play together.

Good luck,

Brian.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 06:43:06 am »

Hi, I have downloaded the newest trial copy of Media Centre. I have made a library, have the Hugo TT chosen, have the MacBook set to send sound to it.  It will play through the internal speakers if I set it to that, but when I set it to the Hugo it plays for a half second through my system and then freezes and deadlocks, so I have to force quit.  If I try again it just freezes without sound.  I tried fiddling with various settings and have had it give me error messages that say that the format is wrong and to try changing things in the dcp something.  I have done that but nothing improves.  There is nothing esoteric about my machine that I know of.  I tried reloading Media Centre, restarting MacBook.  Help says it should be an incompatibility, but I have no idea what.

Hi st.nsw.  I used to have a TT, but I thought it was so good I upgraded it to a DAVE! Normally I run it from a small pc, but I am listening to it now from my iMac with no problems at all. The DAVE and the TT have the same driver requirements, I am up to date with OSX (version 10.12.5). The only setting I made in MC was to select "Dave (Core Audio)" as the output device in Tools > Options > Audio. I also noticed in Audio > Settings that MC seems to convert most Sample Rates to 48,000 so I changed that to "No change". And temporarily I converted 44.1 to 96 just to check higher sample rates got through to my DAVE, which they did fine. Sounds just beautiful.

So, I know it's annoying when someone says "mine works fine", but, well, mine works fine! Let me know if you want to compare any other settings. There is also a strong Chord community on head-fi. The designer, Rob Watts, posts there frequently and he is a MC user and fan (though from a pc) so you might want to check it out.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:32:51 am »

Andy,

It might be useful to the OP if you would detail your setting under Tools > Options > Audio > audio device > device settings

In particular your settings for buffers, exclusive access, and integer mode.  I know the settings I would recommend, but I don't have the device and you do!  :)

Also, did you make any changes in Audio MIDI setup?  With some DACs this is a must do procedure.

Brian.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:12 am »

Andy,

It might be useful to the OP if you would detail your setting under Tools > Options > Audio > audio device > device settings

In particular your settings for buffers, exclusive access, and integer mode.  I know the settings I would recommend, but I don't have the device and you do!  :)

Also, did you make any changes in Audio MIDI setup?  With some DACs this is a must do procedure.

Brian.

Open Device with exclusive access CHECKED
Integer Mode NOT CHECKED
Channel Offset 0
Buffering
  Software 100
  Hardware default

No changes made in Audio Midi Setup afaik.

Having said all this earlier, after about 20 minutes of listening perfectly whilst idly browsing I got a couple of small drop outs, so I disconnected and put the DAVE back with my stereo.

st.nsw

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:52 pm »

Thank you all.  I can't play on iTunes through the Hugo TT so it is not really JRiver that is the problem I guess.  I updated the iTunes.  I tried Audio MIDI settings but didn't get anywhere.  I tried the SD usb port instead of the HD but then it didn't recognise the Hugo, just a usb dac.  However, thanks anyway.  I appreciate the help.  I'll keep trying for a while yet and hope to come back to JRiver. 

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 03:09:38 am »

Thank you all.  I can't play on iTunes through the Hugo TT so it is not really JRiver that is the problem I guess.  I updated the iTunes.  I tried Audio MIDI settings but didn't get anywhere.  I tried the SD usb port instead of the HD but then it didn't recognise the Hugo, just a usb dac.  However, thanks anyway.  I appreciate the help.  I'll keep trying for a while yet and hope to come back to JRiver.

I'd email or phone Chord themselves - both inputs should work fine with Apple devices. Did the SD input play music, irrespective of being recognised as a Hugo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up