INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playback gets hung up  (Read 3317 times)

monksoup22

• Recent member
playback gets hung up
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »

I just installed the new version on a new windows 10 desktop. I am having a problem with the playback and need a bit of help.

How do I get the playlist to play through the txt/md5/ffp files? jriver just kind of stops. A Windows window then pops up asking about what program to use for opening these files. Ive never ran into this before. Am i missing a program or plug in?

thanks for the help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: playback gets hung up
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »

How do I get the playlist to play through the txt/md5/ffp files?
What are those?  Text files?

monksoup22

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:53:40 am »

text files,check sums,hash files. all of my flac files have these (live music). in previous versions jriver skipped right over these file types. now it tries to play them.  thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:28:13 am »

Are they in your playlists?  Or are they cue files?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:55:00 am »

I would think you could just remove the text files from your library so then they wouldn't try to play.

Would that work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

monksoup22

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 07:36:25 am »

Every show has a combination of these files included in with the music files. text files include a setlist and other comments. the ffp,md5 have more to do with file integrity than anything else (my understanding).

For example. Ill make a playlist that has all the shows in a fall tour. 30 shows. I will just drag and drop the flac file folders into playlist. In every past version of jriver, the playlist populates and plays nonstop, skipping over these files. On to the next flac file.

In this version once the playlist reaches one of these file types, jriver tries to play it. this causes the screen to blink and the playlist to stop.

Yes I can remove these files but there are hundreds if not thousands of them in the larger lists. Like I said, this never was an issue in other versions.   thanks again

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 08:17:44 am »

If you have a file in your playlist, the general expectation is to also try to play them, and not just skip them. If you don't want them played, you should exclude them from the playlists. You can setup filters to only show audio files, for example.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 10:09:19 am »

Those files shouldn't be imported in the first place should they?  Why would MC try to import an MD5 file?  These must have been imported in some unusual way that some how imports everything despite file type.

I would suggest changing your auto import settings so that only the files you want to track are imported.

Second, it's very easy to remove all files of a specific type.  You can do this through a Panes view that shows file type, or through a creative search string like ".txt" that will isolate these files.  Then just highlight them all at once and press delete to remove them from the library.  This should be very fast and easy, even if it is thousands or tens of thousands of files.

Good luck.

Brian.

monksoup22

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 11:01:49 am »

Every file I have ever imported and every playlist I have ever made or listened to has included these types of files.  I have never encountered this problem.

If importing files is the problem, Im not sure what else to do. Ive only ever dragged and dropped.
Looking at the auto import settings, the boxes of information seem appropriately checked.
The filters I can find seem to be set up to exclude the non audio files automatically.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 11:07:18 am »

Try renaming the file.  Change the extension to .cue

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »

Every file I have ever imported and every playlist I have ever made or listened to has included these types of files.  I have never encountered this problem.

If importing files is the problem, Im not sure what else to do. Ive only ever dragged and dropped.

I think that's the source of your problem.  I'm guessing that when you drag and drop to import, that MC gets everything:  It does not apply any kind of filter.  So it imports your text files, and everything else.  Do you know about auto import?  It's really very convenient.  You just set up a directory, or set of directories, where you will put new music.  MC then automatically pulls it in when you add the files to the directory(s).  But auto import obeys the rules that you set and only imports the file types that you specify.

Personally I would recommend that you start using Auto Import.  ..and also do a library cleanup to remove these "rogue" file types.  I don't think it helps you at all to have text files in your library.

Good luck,

Brian.

monksoup22

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 07:29:27 am »

Ahhh grasshopper. a few hrs messing with auto import and an old dog is learning some new trix. thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up