INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android devices  (Read 2828 times)

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
Android devices
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:42:27 pm »

Hi there, I have yet to try it, but does anyone know if the JRiver software can link it's playlists to Android devices? like can I add selected playlists to my Sony Xperia device? I haven't tried it..but it would be nice to know before I tried it as to whether it does this? thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Android devices
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:11:14 pm »

You can play any playlist that exists on the server.

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:20:18 pm »

ok thanks, that sounds like it won't add the music directly from the software to the device...a pity but I can add music to my android devices another way...you see streaming it from a server...compresses the music files....and that is no way to listen to music if you want premium quality..of course some of my music is purchased from ITunes but majority actually is uncompressed music files and I would rather not compress the music if I can help it..but thanks again..I love the software...but I can't expect it to do everything I suppose. :)

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 05:23:27 pm »

P.S my music is important to me, so I am never happy about diminishing the quality of the music...and I am a great believer in not opting for quality loss just for the sake of convenience.. like most people are happy to do these days...not me..but I appreciate the help..

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »

Example, this is one of my CD's check the bitrate here it is 1536 Kbps (Kilibytes  per second) streaming won't get anything like that...probably be around 128 Kbps...maybe more but will be in the hundreds..yes I love film scores :) But could argue won;t notice a difference on a device using earphones..well, I am positive I can hear a difference...so for me streaming music to my device is out of the question, what I have is an Xperia X, a Sony Z5 premium and a Sony Z4 tablet..with SD cards and I put my music on there as uncompressed..I have so many devices and SD cards as the uncompressed files take up a lot of space of course..that said I never get all my music even on 3 devices with SD cards..

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 05:42:40 pm »

Sorry another comment, just want to say, can hear a huge difference in those files with the lower bitrate....they just don't sound good...of course they wouldn't, you are just not getting as much information on a smaller file...but I mostly listen to my music via HDMI to my AV receiver...music on my devices AKA music on the go..has to be great too...like even through earphones I can hear the beats sound weaker and guitar sounds, sound trapped compared to the same thing as uncompressed format...I know I just wanted to explain why streaming music is not an option for me...but again...your input is appreciated.

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 05:52:07 pm »

Sorry when I uploaded that image it didn;t show the bitrate column, I taken it again, so you see ....my point is most of my music is actually in that wav format (uncompressed) and the higher bitrate...streaming music may be good enough for other people, but that is them....it is not good enough for me, as I know what I am missing..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

ok thanks, that sounds like it won't add the music directly from the software to the device.
Use Handheld Sync in the Action Window to transfer files to your Android device.  You can drag and drop playlists, for example.  Poke around the wiki to learn more.

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »

I found hand held sync at the bottom...cheers..it sounds like it does do it....but this wiki thing, I am not used to using that but I wiil have a look anyway..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 06:27:16 pm »

The wiki is just like a manual, but it's not printed. 

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 04:48:31 am »

Great thanks, I got it from one of the links below your post (Wiki)...I reckon I have answers to everything I use it for now...but I will save the wiki link to favorites in case I need to refer to it at some point..appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up