INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.210 beta available  (Read 13247 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.210 beta available
« on: July 02, 2003, 02:18:34 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:        

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):        

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91210.exe  

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.        

History:

1. Fixed: Grouping of non list-type view schemes didn't work.
2. Fixed: Starting the line-in recorder could take a long time. (especially with a large library)
3. Fixed: Media Center was not removing all uninstall entries.
4. Fixed: After clean install, Media Center main window would not be visible.
5. Fixed: Down arrow in properties was not pained correctly after resizing.
6. Fixed: Keyword TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR was not returning a value for track info templates.
7. Fixed: Search control was incorrectly painting first letter of search string.
8. Fixed: Clicking underneath the position slider would causes the player window info to swap.
9. Changed: Library Tools menu now context sensitive based on media type.
10. Changed: "Cover Art" menu changed to "Image" -- now more context sensitive.
11. Changed: Changing list styles would reset the browsing location in the panes.
12. Fixed: Changing a pane wouldn't always reset the selection of panes to the right.
13. Changed: Most menu text and all keyboard accelerators now located in external XML file. (Data\Default Resources)
14. Fixed: Playlist exporting would not properly handle playlist names with invalid filesystem characters.
15. NEW: Added navigation buttons to location bar.
16. Fixed: Resizing of toolbars and text, in location bar, was not working correctly.
17. Fixed: System tray menu would not always be on top of the start menu.
18. Fixed: MC would become visible before it was fully loaded.
19. Fixed: Library pane headers / pane menus didn't use field's customized display name.
20. Fixed: MC would not gracefully handle the removal of all browser columns.
21. Fixed: Media Center was submiting incorrect track name information to YADB.
22. NEW: Added location bar to web page views.
23. Fixed: MC secure rip mode now handles CD drives with large read caches.
24. Changed: MC history (forward / back) now works consistently in internal webpages too.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
Re: Media Center 9.1.210 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 02:44:53 pm »

UPDATE: I've just noticed that it isn't an empty box - but a box with a 'N/A' displayed (but only shows when you hover over it for a few seconds !).  Why does it say N/A - suppose I want to associate a video frame to my video as an image .....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If I select a Video File (MPG) and right-click and then select [Image] I just get an empty box - no Image options are displayed.

Also - when ever I start MC during the last few builds it always starts minimised.  Is this because of an option I have set somewhere - or a bug ?

Thanks,

Mark

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 02:45:16 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: High
    Grouping is still not working for list (semi colon delimited) fields.  Try adding a grouping column for People to the People/Places/Events cat to see what I mean...

Files recorded with the Sound Recorder automatically have the year 1899 associated with them...should either be nothing or todays year I would have thought...

Newly imported videos have no thumbnail.  Used to be they got the first frame now just nothing.  Also video thumbnails seem to be a lot slower...

If a file is deleted from the bottom pane this is not reflected in the panes at the top...

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback - I think this is MCs auto volume optimisation as when I turned this off the wait was a lot less.  Seems to wanna fire up my CD ROM when this is set to on and takes ages...  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    The new field pickers used for renaming offer [YEAR] as an option but this no longer works and ends up putting the exact string into the file name.  Should be [DATE (year)]  

First reported: 23/06/03    
    Priority: Medium to High  
    Visualizations appear to pause for 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.  Happens on all visuals inc. 3d.  This has nothing to do with other apps as was suggested in previous thread as I have only MC, Iexplorer and explorer running...  

NEW First reported 30/06/03
    Priority: HIGH
    Record Sound takes a very long time to start recording.

NEW First reported 30/06/03
    Grouping levels are no longer working in the panes.  They work for fields starting with numbers but not for fields starting with letters

First reported 26/06/03  
    Changing a list style resets panes        

NEW First Reported 30/06/03
    Priority: Medium
    Files with no Year display 1899

First reported 26/06/03  
    Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level

First Reported: 18/06/03        
    There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button

First reported 26/06/03  
    Options screen always gives an error on confirm saying You left the track naming template blank.  Using default template.  This is even when nothing has been changed...

Adam  
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 03:02:49 pm »

BUGS

• If I check the "Run MC after install" option MC will display the splash screen then nothing. There is no MC window program or the task bar icon. In the "Windows Task Manager" under "Processes" MediaJukebox.exe is running. When I end the MediaJukebox.exe and start MC evry thing is fine. If I do not check the "Run MC after install" option MC run fine. [7/2/2003]
  • In pane view, If I have my 1st type of pane as a list-type field (grouped by 1). Then in the 2nd pane have the same list-type view (Not Grouped). The 3rd as an Album pane. The following happens:
    1st pane=Correctly shows list
    2nd pane=incorrectly shows list
    3rd pane= correctly shows list
    bottom pane=correctly shows file
    [7/2/2003]
  • In PLAYING NOW view the highlight (focus) use to keep the focus on the current playing track. It no longer does this. [6/27/2003]
  • In the Navigation pane, Right-Clicking on a TITLE (can't remember what to call it..example Playing now, Album/Calendar & Media Library) will send you to that field[6/30/2003]

FIXED

• This is back again...MC will only show itself if it is maximized. Trying to resize the window make MC dissappear. I have to right-click the taskbar and maximize to have MC show again. I am able to send it to the taskbar and when I click the taskbar it maximizes again. [6/26/2003 AGAIN 6/30/2003]
  • MC running for the first time will run minimized.[6/30/2003]
  • While using list-type field, I can't seem to use the grouping level feature in the column properties. Well I can use it but it does nothing.[6/24/2003]
  • In the PLAYER BAR the TRACK POSITION SLIDER does not work. Clicking a different position or dragging it to a different position does nothing.[6/27/2003]

WISHLIST

• Could artist and Genre fields have the option to become list-Type fields
  • In pane view, I would like to be able to resize the panes
  • In the properties pane: able to create groups, rename the default group titles, move any field to any group & to be able to organize the fields order

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 03:06:28 pm »

seem to have lost the minimize button with this rev

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 03:07:18 pm »

Okay I thinkI have noticed something which could be causing the problems with grouping in Semi colon delimited fields.  When trying to set up grouping levels they are not working the same way as normal fields.  Example - I have a field Album Artist/Album but I have nested three separate Album Artist fields so it breaks down through grouped by 3, grouped by 1 and no group.  If I click on A-C in the first, A B & C are displayed in the second and all Artists beginning with those letters in the third.  If I pick C in the second, the third displays only artist beginning with C.  This is the expected behaviour.  If I right click on the column, each column has its own separtae properties.  OKay heres the crux.  If I add a second People column to the People/Places/Events view scheme and set a grouping levle of 3 to it, it sets a grouping levele of 3 to both People fields.  The columns do not operate independantly like the normal fields do with multiple columns.  If both columns are set to 3 the nested grouping does not work.  Hope this makes sense.  I will try and create a new scheme exclusively to test this out...

Adam

EXTRA: Okay more on this.  Set up a VS with 2 people columns.  If you select a person in the 1st column the second column displays people associated with that person in the standard tree.  It seems to be that if a person is only in images with the same people then all those people appear in the tree with them, if they are in pictures with lots of different people, only their name appears in the tree.  Its kindfa hard to explain but look at the tree for the People/Places/Events VS or set up a People/People VS and have a look...  Something is definitely still not right with how thishas been implemented...

A
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 03:07:29 pm »

reloaded and minimize button is back

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 03:07:31 pm »

Matt,

thanks for having made right-click menu more media-type dependent (such as no more cover-art display for images).

Media type dependencies missing:

When creating a new view scheme of type image, then the content pane should display only columns relevant to images, in the case of audio only columns relevant to music and in the case of video only relevant to video.

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 03:16:45 pm »

Bugs:

- SERIOUS: some VBR MP3's with long periods of silence slow down the system to a near halt during the silence.

- SERIOUS: I sometimes get a major system slowdown for a second or two at the end of a playlist, or a shorter one between two tracks. Apparently, this only happens for VBR MP3 files, with silence removal disabled, and for the duration of the silence. I am pretty confident it is related to the problem above.

- the filetype conversion process sometimes does not tag the new files

- after finishing a conversion, MC steals the focus from the current program

- silence removal does not work correctly when "output format" is enabled with something changed (at least frequency) in the DSP settings. Only happens between tracks, not inside one.

Suggestions:

- can you please separate the silence removal option in two: inside tracks and between tracks? It would be excellent!! It's just that some tracks have silence inside them (natural pauses in music, aka "golden silence") and the combined option (naturally) removes it...
Sérgio Gomes

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 03:29:33 pm »

Start up options: Last Exit mode and Mega Me do not work. The program consistently opens in a minimize mode.

Thank you,

John

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 03:53:47 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream,  MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Burning Audio CDs with "Decode Directly to CD" enabled does not write CD Text.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Medium
    Start-up Auto-expands Tree
    Even with "Auto-Expand Tree" disabled in Options, MC starts up with the selected music library's tree expanded.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: Low
    Player Window Switching
    Clicking anywhere off the slider, even barely, causes the displayed info to change.  There should be a bit of buffer space around the slider and clicking beneath it shouldn't affect the display at all.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Make the choice of tree view or panes an option either global or by scheme.
  • The ability to add underscores in filenames generated by MC9 (e.g., "the_cure_-17_seconds.mp3").
  • A way to switch from Playing Now to the last used view (e.g., if I was browsing a particular album in the archive, it'd be nice to flip to Playing Now and then right back to where I was).
Toast goes in the toaster.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 05:07:09 pm »

Serious issues:

- All track info pages (dirt simple, DJ, ..., neoTropic) didn't show Japanese character.  They all show '?' instead.
- Copy and paste of tag information doesn't work properly.  For example, I select 20 songs in a album and push ^C to copy text information like song/artist/album name.  When I push ^V on Notepad, it shows only 15 songs information.
   I guess MC9 is copying the number of characters instead of bytes.  For the case of multi-bytes characters, everytime the number of characters is smaller than actual bytes.
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.  
However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.
- Panes should be resizeable.  

Not serious:

- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 7 seconds (it was 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it's being reduced much, but still...  hehe) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

Thanks.

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 07:19:26 pm »

The plugin interface is a little broken. Here is what I have found:

MFC ActiveX controls do not get clipped to the plugin pane on the right hand side -- they draw over the entire MC window. This is reproducible with a freshly-created control

ATL based composite controls assert all over the place.

My suspicion is that this might in part be due because the plugin's window is being re-parented between show/hide... in other words when the plugin is instantiated, its parent window is different from when the plugin is made visible by activating it. Things might work better if the plugin's parent window remains constant.

I can supply sample code to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Jonathan

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2003, 07:29:29 pm »

OPEN First reported 26/06/03
In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar. Also becomes "unskinned" if you click the up / down buttons on the scrollbar.

OPEN First reported 01/07/03
When using a mini-me skin (SonixMedia in this case), when toggling the volume on using the mute button there is a pause of about 5-9 seconds where the scrolling display and visualization freeze. During this time, the entire application is frozen ... clicking anywhere has no effect.

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2003, 08:27:44 pm »

Erroneous Time Display during Playback

The playback timeline will display the correct length of a long wma file (I'm testing 8hr 12 minutes). The slider tab can be grabbed and pulled to any point along the 8 hrs and dropped to start playback at that point. The yellow ToolTip displays *about* the same time as the "xxxx/totalxxxx" line above the timeline.
  Problem: after dropping the slider anywhere past about 1hr 35 min., the time display is incorrect (negative or positive, apparently toggling in some sort of multiples of about 1hr:35, starting over at each multiple as a negative or positive number, and the digital time display above (xxxxx/totalxxx) also shows the wrong time, as well as the ToolTip the next time one "refreshes" it.
  Result: For any file longer than 1:35, can't pull the slider forward or backward to adjust the playback spot. Must grab the slider and start over dragging from 0 time to absolute new time. Fast forward doesn't work either. Compare with Windows Media Player which handles this perfectly....

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2003, 12:31:03 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Medium
    MC doesn't remember the last window size when it starts up. It always starts up as a window.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: High
    In a view scheme with an Album Artist (Auto) column which includes grouping followed by an Album Artist (Auto) column without grouping, the pane flitering does not work. No artist information is shown in the second Album Artist (Auto) column.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    When you change the list style, pane filtering is reset.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: Low
    After performing a database update the information dialog includes the text '0 file(s) deleted for the Media Jukebox cover art directory'. This should say Media Center.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts up with the start location set to a view scheme, the view scheme's tree is automatically expanded. This ignores the 'Auto Expand Tree' option.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/26  Priority: High
    Browse by Locations doesn't work correctly. If I browse to a folder containing sub-folders I am only able to see tracks if I select <all>. If I select a sub-folder no tracks are displayed and I am unable to browse into the sub-folder. Edit: Location browsing works correctly when a root folder is not set.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

nila

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 12:58:59 am »

BUGS

• The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window makes it look alot nicer BUT the only way to access or even realise that the playlist/image/format/statistics window is there is via the little menu on the toolbar - for a first time user they'd have a hard enough time realising these other windows where there just from the little menu, if u then hide this window on top of that I feel that you are basically totally hiding this feature from them.
  • Drag and drop of files  isn't easy and doesn't seem to be working - only works when I click on the actual icon itself.
  • Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.
  • The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.
  • ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing
    (try this view scheme to see how bad the effect can be: Date(year)/Track Type(custom field for album/single/compilation/soundtrack)/artist grouped(by 2)/artist/album grouped(by two)/year - album (custom field)

It's a GREAT view scheme with a lot of power that would fit easily if all the panes were just the width of the info in them - could we have an option similar to: Auto Size Columns - that was for the panes?

Question
    What happened to image tools like rotate image etc?
    We definitely need some basic image tools if we're gonna use it for image management :)

REQUESTS

View Scheme Groups!  
    Split Screen

Properties

• Ability to create custom groups

• Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window

• When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)

• Date fields need some way to be customised to choose what format they display/write the date as - they are also very confusing knowing exactly how the info is meant to be entered if u want to include time etc as well as the date

• Date functions (ie  [Date(Year)]) should be accessible via simply: Year/Month  etc. unless there is some specific reason they cannot be as this would not cause any clashes as there are no fields called: Year etc.

• GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks  

Converting/Encoding
  • A GUI to let us tweak the settings for the different formats - especially the most standard formats.
  • Ability to save settings

Ripping
  • More options with the ripping in terms of: Rip and encode simultaneously, rip track then encode track rip next track and encode next track etc., rip all tracks then encode all tracks, rip and encode in the background allowing us to que up tracks to be encoded while MC is ripping the CD's as fast as it can.
  • Ability to save profile of all the settings like there is in EAC (good for being able to quickly change loads of settings like: New CD, Old Scratched CD)
  • When a CD is entered for ripping and the track info known - enable us to edit the text displayed before ripping the tracks.
  • An option to write CRC Checksum into the comment field
  • An option to create a .m3u playlist file for the album ripped
  • Support of ripping with .cue sheet support
  • Ability to rip multiple songs as one file

Burning
  • Ability to rename files
  • An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST an option, like EVERY other windows program has, to give us a prompt before wiping out the whole playlist after burning (this is totally oposite to EVERY other program and is HUGELY annoying - pressing a 'Clear Playlist' button is not a hard task to clear it if people want to or answering a : Do u wish to clear the playlist : yes/no' question.)

Other
  • Folder monitoring
    this was discussed previously and decided against as it would slow down the start of MC but if it could be set up so that it acted like a screen saver and just started checking the folders etc after X minutes of the computer being idle it would work great.

nila

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2003, 01:17:36 am »

New XML file for menu's - great but a few points:

• Right now it's impossible to tell what the shortcut keys refer to - If I know what the key does inside MC I can look up the key and then see what it's value is but I cant look at the XML and from that tell what key shortcut does what.
  • No indication of what enteries are for top or bottom or location toolbar - it should be split up into three groups - top toolbar, bottom toolbar, location toolbar as three items with it's items underneath them as child properties.
  • It'd be nice if ALL values for MC that were possible were listed in this file and just commented out to make it alot easier to edit.

• A button on the customise toolbar to spawn this external file would make sure that people who dont visit the MC forum would be aware of it. Maybe have one that says: Advanced - when clicked it pop's up a warning message about messing with the XML etc. then spawns the XML file?

We have to remember non forum members with features and there are seemingly more and more features that would only be known by forum members (hidden registry tweaks for customising the number of sticky items on the right click menu?)

Jynx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2003, 01:39:18 am »

Help, can't run MC at all, get the following error when trying to launch the application:

Media Jukebox.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point MonitorFromRect could  
not be located in the dynamic link library user32.dll.

I'm running NT4 sp6 and user32.dll is alive and well in my system32 directory?

Jynx

Marko

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2003, 02:04:41 am »

Help, can't run MC at all, get the following error when trying to launch the application:

Media Jukebox.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point MonitorFromRect could  
not be located in the dynamic link library user32.dll.

I'm running NT4 sp6 and user32.dll is alive and well in my system32 directory?

Jynx

Not using windowblinds there by any chance?
If the answer is "yes", then add MC to the list of excluded apps and if the answer is "no" just ignore me and I'll go away ;)
This became a pain for me which is why I ditched WB in favour of StyleXP.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2003, 03:03:54 am »

In the File Info side panel the Bitrate for a VBR MP3 has a random value in it, and doesn't update...  179, 185, 169......

...and the Song info block at the top above the slider keeps cycling thru normal values.. 256, 160, 192, 320, 96...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2003, 03:51:07 am »

dmbfan- the random value is the average bitrate for the file.  It doesn't change.  When the file is playing the display shows the bitrate at each point in the song.  The bitrate changes throughout hence VBR - variable Bit Rate but this would be impossible to show in a static window like the file info hence the average rating...

Jynx - sounds like MC is using an API call that is not supported by NT4.  I have problems like this at work where we use NT4 also.  The fact that M$ is no longer supporting NT4 means that more and more software developers will begin to use API calls which may not work in NT4...

Adam

LonWar

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2003, 04:01:01 am »

Hello,   Is there anyway to get a go back button for the Artist info search?? It gets a little anoying when you click on something and then can't go back... :'(

Or is this something that should be started in a new thread...

(If it is sorry)
-

NoCodeUK

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2003, 05:05:06 am »

There is a back button. It is in the toolbar at the top.  It works just  like the back button in INternet Explorer

Adam

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2003, 06:13:19 am »

After retrieving info from YADB, MC9.1 drops behind other windows.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2003, 06:23:13 am »

There is a back button. It is in the toolbar at the top.  It works just  like the back button in INternet Explorer

Unfortunately, the back button returns you to a view's default which makes it necessary to drill back down to a particular artist.  Particularly frustrating if you want to flip between the now playing list and what you were working on in a library.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2003, 06:52:13 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Medium
    Deleting  Leaves Empty Directories
    When using the option to delete from disk while removing mp3s from a library leaves empty directories.  There should be an option to delete the directory as well otherwise deleting is a two step (and two location) process.

LonWar

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2003, 06:56:09 am »

Adam

dOW... Found it, Thanks,
-

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2003, 07:28:59 am »

Remote Control does not seem to work! I always get the following message:

"This button is already assigned to the following command: Play/Pause
Do you want to replace that command?"

I first made RC learn the Play/Pause button. But when I want RC to learn the Stop Button I get above message. Also for most/but not all buttons! Some buttons RC can learn, other RC cannot!

Also, only one single remote control can be programmed!
If you want to have more than one, then you can't!

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2003, 08:13:27 am »

dmbfan- the random value is the average bitrate for the file.  It doesn't change.  When the file is playing the display shows the bitrate at each point in the song.  The bitrate changes throughout hence VBR - variable Bit Rate but this would be impossible to show in a static window like the file info hence the average rating...

Yeah I pretty much figured most of that (didn't know that static # was an avg, but knew the rest)... but I guess I shoulda continued and said "Perhaps the Info panel can state VBR instead of the average"....

NoCodeUK

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2003, 10:14:42 am »

The average can be useful to show how effective the VBR has been.  You can tell its VBR by looking in the MP3 format pane...

Adam

AMG

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2003, 10:57:26 am »

Reports from me...

1 - After installing if option to start application is left enabled the main app. window never appears.  Cancelling the media search dialog leave the mediajukebox.exe running with no app. on-screen.  Must quit process and re-launch for app. to load properly.

2 - "Media Core" crashed (took the whole app. with it) when adding the MP3 Encoder plug-in (LAME) through the interface.  An MP3 was playing in the background at the time.  The crash does not appear to have adversely impacted installation of the plug-in.

3 - After selecting a song from the Media Library, right-clicking and using Library Tools - Lookup Track Info From YADB it doesn't find anything (which is fine).  However, after dismissing the information dialog that nothing was found, the app. with focus is no longer Media Center but another running app.  Focus is also lost if tracking information was found.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2003, 05:17:15 pm »

I tried to email 21,500 files, and MC crashed.  Perhaps it was because I didn't shrink the images...

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2003, 05:57:54 pm »

Remote Control does not seem to work! I always get the following message:

"This button is already assigned to the following command: Play/Pause
Do you want to replace that command?"

I has been like that for weeks now, I thought it was only my remote because nobody mentioned it here before.

Before IRMAN plugin was included in install package, it worked like it should

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2003, 03:49:49 am »

Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level

Where!? still the panes reseting to all. it dosen't stay on the genre/artist/album i played!
Tamer

nila

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2003, 03:58:40 am »

I tried to email 21,500 files, and MC crashed.  Perhaps it was because I didn't shrink the images...

Your joking right??

I dont know ANY program that could e-mail that many files :)
IF MC even attempted to do this I give it credit for a brave effort - perhaps a limit to how brave it's willing to be needs to be added though.

BUG
  • Copy/Move file - if this fails, it's still bringing up the message asking if we wish to clearn empty folders.

Jynx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2003, 04:28:44 am »

Jynx - sounds like MC is using an API call that is not supported by NT4.  I have problems like this at work where we use NT4 also.  The fact that M$ is no longer supporting NT4 means that more and more software developers will begin to use API calls which may not work in NT4...

Adam

What you say sounds feasible I just think it would be nice if J River said somewhere that MC doens't work on NT4, currently they are still claiming it does.  

Jynx

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
VERTICAL ScrollBars Disappear
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2003, 07:07:27 am »

As with the last few betas, the VERTICAL scrollbars disappear. In the right-hand panes when clicking on the first pane.

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2003, 10:25:35 am »

If in VIEW -> VIEW FILTER -> (show only audio files..etc.) is chosen, then it is automatically reset to the default of 'show all files' once MC is closed and reopened.

Is it possible to set 'show only audio files' as my default?
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2003, 11:09:27 am »

Your joking right??

:)

LisaRCT

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2003, 03:02:43 pm »

Whenever I try to start MEdia Server I get an error message stating: "Couldn't create WebRemote listener"
"failed to start remote server"

Any clues?

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2003, 03:03:13 pm »

Auto-scrolling in the panes is too sensitive.  It can make using click-and-drag to change tags difficult.

As an example, in panes view, drag the Artist scroll bar to the middle.  Then click on a song and try to drag it to the third row of the Artist column.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2003, 03:16:40 pm »

The iPod download feature does not clear out the queued file list after it syncs all the files.  it shows all the files as being on the iPod but also shows them all as still being queued up... you have to close and restart MC after using the download option.

If you select "Upload Files" as opposed to the sync option things appear to work correctly....

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2003, 03:21:12 pm »

First of all, I love 9.1. The interface is lovely and I really like the new side-by-side filtering. Am also finding it much easier to manage and browse photos. I even got it to update the date and events tags from my folder names :D

I also had some stability / other problems:

- Funny things with the view schemes. Seems to get stuck in a particular view scheme quite often and I have to close and restart MC. Seems to happen when I rename a view scheme but not sure this was always the case. The auto naming doesn't seem to track changes to the view either

- Updated a lot of files >5k from filenames and 1,800 did not update. Was ok when I selected all and ran it again. Enhancement request: Allow for "watched folders" with rules on updating tags from filenames

- Crashed on me just after deleting a view scheme then selected icon next to "new view scheme". Sorry, was actually right-clicking

- Got stuck in a smartlist (wouldn't let me move to another smartlist or smartlist group). Then crashed when I went to the library

- Something funny with the date field. When I updated tags for a few files from the filename the date was a nice clean dd/dd/yyyy, but when I did a lot some of them are dd/mm/yyyy mm:ss. Also, when I add this as a level in a view scheme, things don't work as expected. Select a date and no more filtering happens in right-hand panes and no photos appear

Hope this is all clear enough for you!
Alfie.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2003, 03:36:53 pm »

Rotating an image clockwise, lossless causes crash. Image is located on a CF card.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2003, 06:02:08 pm »

NEW First reported 04/07/03
Priority: High
When using almost all mini-me skins (including fluxion by JRiver), the previous state of the player is not successfully loaded everytime. Roughly 1 out of 10 times, the player will revert back to the "default" settings when loading the skins.

The only skin that has not exhibited this issue is the Windows XP skin by Doof.

jermaine

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2003, 04:36:33 am »

This has happened in the last 4 or 5 builds, whenever i click on my cd burner or even click the create burn cd media center  stops responding for about 4 minutes then it will be fine, burn cds fine rip etc until the next time i close and start media center the same problem again.

i am running on windows xp my cd burner is a philips dvdrw1208  

also a long time ago i converted all my mp3's to mp3pro's and have been re encoding again, so far out of my 11000 song library i still have about 2000 mp3pros left does anyone know of any good mass converters out there? i want to convert back to mp3!!!

thanks

michel

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2003, 09:25:35 am »

The buttom "copy 'listening to'" doesn't run anymore.

Marko

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2003, 10:26:11 am »

Left Click on a column (in pane view). The "column Type" flyout is missing the "playlist" and "hard drive location" options.
How do we now create playlist based view schemes?

When working, say in "recently imported" and editing fields in the file info area of the properties pane, while listening to other tracks, if you're halfway through typing, and the playing now track changes, the properties pane updates, forcing the the half-typed entry to write to the library. You then have to go back into edit mode to finish the job. Irritating.

-marko.

MachineHead

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2003, 05:15:52 pm »

Erratic behavoir from the panes when using 'Send to Playing Now'. It sends the entire album instead of a single selection. Works from the tree when it is used.

Also, Hard Disk Location seems to have a bit too much redundency regarding the artist in this scheme. Note this is the default setting:

ADDITIONAL: Customizing the Player Display isn't remembered when opening MC. Will it always revert to default? And, maybe I missed this somewhere, how the hell do you get Alternative display to work?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up