INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 problem on 4K TV/monitor  (Read 1808 times)

felix2

• Junior Woodchuck
MC19 problem on 4K TV/monitor
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:48:17 pm »

I run MC19 and recently switched to a Samsung 4K TV/monitor driven by a GeForce 1050 video card, Windows 10 latest update.

MC19 runs, play audio and video up to 4K swell. BUT there are a number of problems:
- At the top of the screen the various icons are so small I can hardly see them. I can't point to and control them. I now resort to remote.
- Many MC sub-menu sizes are all messed up. Biggest mess up are DSP Studio, Output format and Playback Options. The box sizes are wrong and I cannot re-size them to show all features. This way I lost control of their critical functions.

Questions:
1) Is this a problem only with MC19, fixed in higher versions?
2) Are MC22 or MC23 user interface fully functional with 4K monitor and 4K video playback?
3) Even if MC22 have fixed up the user interface for 4K, some icons may still be tiny. Are there ways to make them larger?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 screw up on 4K TV/monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 10:15:47 pm »

1) Is this a problem only with MC19, fixed in higher versions?
There have been a lot of improvements for high DPI and 4K screens since MC19, so probably.

2) Are MC22 or MC23 user interface fully functional with 4K monitor and 4K video playback?
I don't have any 4K content yet, so I am outputting from MC22 at 1080p, and having my Sony TV upscale to 4K. The TV does a great job upscaling, so I think that is best for the moment. A search of the forums is bound to find threads on setting up and using 4K TVs, and yes, people are using MC playing native 4K video to 4K TVs. But search for confirmation.

3) Even if MC22 have fixed up the user interface for 4K, some icons may still be tiny. Are there ways to make them larger?
The two setting to play with are;
1. MC Options > Theatre View > Appearance > Size
2. Windows 10, Display Settings > Scale and Layout > Change the size of text, apps, and other items.

Also for Standard View there are "View > Size" and "Option > Tree & View > Advanced > Select font". If the above options, don't do what you need, try these out.

Search for threads about High DPI screens.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 problem on 4K TV/monitor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:23 am »

I have an LG 4K TV and an LG UW 3k PC Monitor

1.) I use MC 22 and I have changed on both the PC Monitor and the TV under Windows display properties the size of txt, apps., etc.  With that I have not the problems you describe.
2.) I let my NVIdia card do full up-scaling (no micro stuttering in music concerts) to 4k instead giving e.g. 1080p to the display and let the display do the up-scaling. All video content 720i, 1080p, ... up-scaled to 4k works well no problem so far. Even HDR passthrough and native 10bit 4K video works. UHD bluray is currently not supported in MC.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up