INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and Chromecast Help  (Read 3698 times)

Misterboy

• Recent member
JRemote and Chromecast Help
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »

Hi,

I just purchased J Remote for iOS specifically to cast my Server contents to Chromecast.  Only problem: I can't get it to work.

I can connect to my Server just fine.  I can play music, etc, on the iPhone and I can play content on the computer hosting the server, but I can find no way to cast to my Chromecast.

I've seen another thread where it talks about BubbleUPNP (or something like that) to allow a Chromecast to exist as a Zone in Media Center.  I may do that at some point, but I purchased J Remote to simply cast through my phone to Chromecast, which it supposedly can do "out of the box".

In case I'm not being clear, I can play music to my phone, click the "cast" button where I should see my chromecast, but I only see the phone as an option.  No chromecast.  I can cast other apps (netflix, etc) just fine.

I've tried power cycling the Chromecast and I've full closed/reopened J Remote.

Thanks for the help!

Misterboy

• Recent member
Re: JRemote and Chromecast Help
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:27:58 pm »

Wait wait.  Maybe J Remote does NOT support Chromecast.

Before purchasing it, I read that it DID.  I also found a forum post from 2014 that indicated that the NEXT version of J Remote would support Chromecast.  However, it looks like maybe that never happened.

I set up BubbleUPNP and can now cast to Chromecast.

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »

I too just purchased a Chromecast Audio . I see that there is a setting in JRemote to set the "ChromeCast quality". That tells me that it SHOULD be supported right? I would think so, otherwise that setting shouldn't be there.

Sooo, can somebody please explain how to use Chromecast with JRemote?

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: J Remote and Chromecast Help
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:15:39 pm »

Sooo, use Google or the forum search. Help is out there.

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:49:37 pm »

You're funny!  :D
Searching the forums has yielded nothing helpful, there is nothing in the Wiki, and any "useful" hits on Google just point back here, hence my post seeking help!

markh56

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:25:56 pm »

As for iOS, anything come up when searching the app store? On Android, BubbleUPNP, eos and JRiver's Gizmo all cast from Media Center to the Chromecast. Been using BubbleUPNP primarily, just works. Worth the few bucks the app cost. Don't know if it's available for iOS.
I don't remember seeing that JRemote was supposed to work with Chromecast. Not sure why it has the quality setting, maybe for future capabilities?
Pages: [1]   Go Up