INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Dubbed Audio Track playback  (Read 2583 times)

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
External Dubbed Audio Track playback
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:45:01 am »

There are several Blu Rays I have which don't have the local language (Hindi) dubbed audio track. These tracks can be downloaded from elsewhere or extracted from a DVD disk. In MPC-HC, I can open the Index.bdmv of the Blu Ray and the local ripped audio track together, and then can switch between English and Hindi audio tracks easily. This functionality is there in several DirectShow players but missing in JRiver. This would be my Feature Request for MC23. I have made this request previously too. I hope it gets accepted this time.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: External Dubbed Audio Track playback
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:38:04 am »

How about using a program designed to do these types of tasks permanently.  MKVToolNix can mux together audio and video so you can choose which audio tracks you want to have in your video and save them all as MKV.

Or are you working directly with BluRay structures?  BD structures require yet another third party component for playback right?  That seems so clunky to me.  I strongly oppose having any kind of DRMed media in my digital collection.  Which is why I used MakeMKV to convert all DVD and BD discs to a non-DRM MKV file as a first step.  That way any decent video player can play my video collection without any special add ons that might stop working when the company goes out of business.  Like happened last year.

Brian.

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:10:27 am »

Yes, I am aware of these tools and have been using them too. But I don't want to save every Blu Ray on my Hard Drive (I don't even have that much space). Even when I rip a BluRay, I normally keep the BluRay folder structure.

I honestly believe that playback of external audio files is a very basic feature of any media player, and should be supported in JRiver.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 12:20:48 pm »

I didn't realize you were watching an actual optical spinning BD *and* selecting an external audio track at the same time!  Wow.

I don't consider that to be "a basic feature" at all.  That's rather advanced in my mind.  But it doesn't really matter what I think.  I'm not part of the JRiver team.  Just a customer like you.

Good luck with your request.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up