INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipad and android remote  (Read 1586 times)

okey

• Recent member
ipad and android remote
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:30:41 am »

I have a android tablet and a ipad, currently i have the jremote working on the ipad which controls my pc.

Is it possible to have jremote working on both devices, so i could use jremote on android or ipad.

Do i need to repair them up every time i want to use either ??

Or once both have been paired they will work

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ipad and android remote
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:54:27 am »

I have a android tablet and a ipad, currently i have the jremote working on the ipad which controls my pc.

Is it possible to have jremote working on both devices, so i could use jremote on android or ipad.

Do i need to repair them up every time i want to use either ??

Or once both have been paired they will work

jremote for android is a separate deal and would require you to make an additional purchase. I've only got the android version, so can't comment on how it compares / contrasts with the iOS version.

You could try Gizmo (free) as an alternative, if you're just checking out options.

I don't understand your pairing comment. The apps work via a network connection and act as clients to the MC application working as a server. I'm not sure what conflicts can arise but I wouldn't expect difficulties worth worrying about.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ipad and android remote
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:35:28 am »

You can connect both at the same time and use them interchangeably

Start a track with iPad change with android etc

They are virtually identical, but not quite

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up