INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display pop up window in Media Center?  (Read 4568 times)

connieflyer

• Recent member
Display pop up window in Media Center?
« on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:17 pm »

Is there any way to disable the Display pop up window that gives detail on selected file?  I use the standard view and find in annoying when I am manually selecting a song to play, and the window pops up with info on song and takes up 30% of the play list column. I use this for audio only and don't need all the features, but have used it for years and like the program itself.  Thank you

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display pop up window in Media Center?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 08:47:35 pm »

Open MC's options.
Type "tool" (without quotes) in the search bar at the bottom.
Select "Tree & View" in the left pane.

Now, on the right, you see the option to turn them off, and also, if you configure the toolbars (top or bottom), you can add a button to quickly turn them on and off.

One slight issue with this though, is that when you turn them off, they don't turn off right away. You need to leave the view and go back to it, then they're off. Same applies when turning them on. Feels buggy and unintuitive to me, but no-one else thought so when I brought it up, so that's just the way it is at the moment.

-marko

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:20:52 am »

Changed driver to wasapi and it is working fine. When I go to the customize toolbar menu, I have the following current toolbar butons, &File &Edit &Player &Tools & Help & View if these are the buttons you mentioned, do I remove &View? or am I missing something.  Thani you.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:55:07 am »

Here's how you turn off the "pop up" which is called a "tooltip":

Tools > Options > Tree & View > List > show track info tooltips > (uncheck)

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:57:45 am »

Hmmm... can we rewind back to the first post?

When you said...
Is there any way to disable the Display pop up window that gives detail on selected file?
I thought you were talking about the tooltip that shows up when you hover the mouse over a file in the list...
like so:

Now, I'm not so sure.
My instructions were only to turn off tooltips...

and if you wanted, to add a toolbar button that allows easy toggling of said tooltips...

I now think that perhaps it is me that is missing something? Could you clarify what you mean by "pop up window"?

-marko

*afternoon Brian :)

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 10:20:44 am »

The display window in the left pane beneath the file list of folders.  Also so long as I have the experts here, in windows file manager when you go to a folder it gives a list of files and properties.  Under file type, when Media center installs it changes all files to media center file under file types. This makes it impossible to sort by file type.  The file type is still attached to the end of the file name, but instead of having file type listed as wav, flac mp3 etc, they are all named media center file.  This makes it impossible to sort by file type.  Any solution to this would be very welcome.  Thanks again for spending so much time on this.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:22 am »

That Display window comes up when Playing Now is not being displayed anywhere in the interface.  There are two ways to get rid of it:

1.  Open a new tab and select Playing Now.  Go back to your original tab and the display window won't pop up again.

OR

2.  Press the little button at the upper right corner of the display window and it will collapse.  It might come back at some point; I'm not sure.

I use method #1 and I never see the display window at all.

PS:  Hi Marko!

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:38 am »

Aaahhhh... DOH! Apologies. :D

So, first off, you cannot disable the little display window in the bottom left corner. Best you can do is minimise it using the button in the top right corner of that window.
*an  open "playing now" tab will, of course, remove the little display window. Nice one Brian.

2nd, the Windows Explorer thing.... you cannot change that either... well you can, but, how that will affect you depends a lot upon your typical workflows.

The only way to change what you're seeing is to remove all of the file associations from Media Center.
If you do that, Media Center will no longer launch when you double click on audio files in Windows Explorer.
You should still be able to select files in Windows Explorer, then right click on them, and look for "Play in Media Center" or similar options, which will work just fine.

If you can live with that, the easiest way to remove the file associations from Media Center is probably to reinstall it. Choose the "Custom" option, then click through, pressing next each time, taking the defaults presented to you, until you see the file association screen...

Click on the "Unselect all" button, then the "Next" button to complete the installation and remove the associations, which should restore the old file type defaults in Windows Explorer. I'm not sure, but you might need to reboot in order for Windows to sort itself out...

-marko

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 10:46:02 am »

No problem, I am grateful for your help. I probably did not explain completely. Also most people are more visual, while I am old school and prefer detail instead of icons.  I kind of thought re-install would solve it will have to evaluate that. Tried reloading library last week and it was a mess. Probably did something wrong but restored files in MC now.  Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it. And may I also, say it was a very fast turn around.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:34 am »

There's no need to uninstall first. Just run the installer again, choosing the 'custom' option. This will alllow you to quickly remove all MC file associations.

Once done, everything will be as it was, except for the file associations, which you would have removed. Your library will be exactly as it was before hand.

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:20:05 am »

Thank you Marko will do this today. Great support. Would be nice if other support forums were as helpful and fast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up