INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with second TV Tuner...  (Read 2884 times)

amcneish

• Recent member
Problem with second TV Tuner...
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:47:25 am »

I have two Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (8851).  I have them set up with Windows Media Center using the IR Blasters running from the cards..  I am using Rogers Set Top boxes...  I have a Windows USB IR Receiver (with the capability of supporting 2 IR Blaster outputs).

I start by removing Windows Media Center and installing the MediaCenter220108.exe version (most current) and the first tuner with IR Blaster works (either with the Hauppauge IR Blaster or the USR IR Blaster output)...  The second tuner provides a Video picture...  but the IR Blaster does not work..... 

On the IR Blaster selection for Hauppauge I have only 1 choice...  I assume it is suggesting it will use the IR Blaster for the selected card...

On the USB IR Blaster the is a choice for 1 or 2...  I have tried multiple IR Blaster cables, switching the ports on the USB IR Blaster...  the closest I have come is that the IR Blaster flashes.. but does not change the channels...  I programed the codes the same for both channels...  it works  on one channel but not the other....

any ideas?

?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Problem with second TV Tuner...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:56:50 pm »

I am not sure if the Hauppauge IR stuff we use supports more than one device, but an independent USB IR device should.  For each tuner you would need to use a different port.

One trouble I have had was that different IR blasters seem to use different ways to distinguish different blaster ports.  It could be that you are also seeing this problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:13:05 pm »

Thank you for the reply....

I had wondered if the problem was that two Hauppauge cards and IR Blaster ports could be confusing...  I have tried the following
2250 (Card 1) Haup IR Blast                       (Card 2) Haup IR Blast
2250 (Card 1) Microsoft USB[Port 1 or 2]     (Card 2) Haup IR Blast
2250 (card 1) Haup IR Blast                        (Card 2) Microsoft USB[Port 1 or 2]
2250 (card 1) Microsoft USB[Port 1]             (Card 2) Microsoft USB[Port 2]

In all cases
Card 1 works both Video and IR Blasting.. channels change and all is good....
Card 2 works with Video.. but no IR Blasting

In all the cases above hardware with the Microsoft Media Center works....  (To install JRiver Media Center I remove Windows Media Center)

Very strange??

Still   ?

Andy

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:25:03 pm »

That is strange.  I would expect, when you use MCE IR for one tuner, and use Hauppauge IR for another, it should be fine.

When setting up STB channels, you will need to run Setup for each STB capture device.  Also try moving the IR blaster position relative to the STB box.

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:39 pm »

That is strange.  I would expect, when you use MCE IR for one tuner, and use Hauppauge IR for another, it should be fine. 

***  I agree...  or even when I use Port 1 and 2 of the Microsoft USB IR Blaster

When setting up STB channels, you will need to run Setup for each STB capture device.  Also try moving the IR blaster position relative to the STB box.   
****  I ran the setup for each independently..  and exited the Media center after the first card...  The IR position is fine in the Windows Media Center testing.. (but I have also tried moving it around and switching around the IR Blasters...)

As an aside - One funny bug I did run into was that in my testing I set a recording (on Card 1) to force the media center onto the card 2 for testing...  I forgot about the recording... and went back into the setup and was configuring card 1...  it ended up displaying the video for Card 2 as the stream for Card 1 was being used for recording....  I wonder if something similar is happening for the IR Blasters???  (only not when things are being recorded??)

?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »

You can use the quote tag like this:

[ quote ]
What Yaobing said
[ /quote ]
What you said

but you need to remove the spaces that I put inside the tags.  Then it looks like this:

What Yaobing said
What you said

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:16:59 pm »

Thank you JimH!!

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 11:57:04 pm »

Are there any people out there doing two set top boxes with two tuner cares and 2 IR Blasters?

Any suggestions??

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

any takers... Anyone have input on multiple tuners and IR Blasters???

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:11:55 am »

Did you try re-run setup for the second STB channels?  I wonder if your channel setup specified the correct IR blaster.

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 08:37:28 am »

Did you try re-run setup for the second STB channels?  I wonder if your channel setup specified the correct IR blaster.

I have rerun the second STB several times...  using various combinations of IR Blaster Options....  all with the same results.....

The only thing I have not done is to blow away both tuners and then run setup starting with the second tuner first to see if that works.. and then try the other and see if it then fails....

I will likely try that this week end...

The two STB are identical and the Hauppauge cards are identical., hence the IR Blaster codes are the same for both..
Pages: [1]   Go Up