INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to Samsung 7 Edge hangs on "Loading handheld"  (Read 3261 times)

Cozzamara

Sync to Samsung 7 Edge hangs on "Loading handheld"
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »

Any attempt to send files/playlists from JRiver (22.0.108) to Samsung S7 Edge (SD Card) results in pop-up window "Loading handheld...", which spins the wheel and hangs indefinitely. Restarting JR, rebooting, and changing the sequence of starting JR vs plugging in device doesn't help.

The phone is visible to Windows and I can browse its filesystem (both internal storage and SD card) in Windows Explorer without any problems.

Please advice.

Cozzamara

Re: Sync to Samsung 7 Edge hangs on "Loading handheld"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »

Hey staff, you really have nothing to say about this ?
I switched to new brand new phone - Samsung S8, and it has the same problem - stuck in "Loading Handheld..." indefinitely. Tried removing Samsung driver, working without it, re-installing it, nothing helps.
What exactly is it loading ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 08:23:37 pm »

On the phone, pull the menu down.  You should have at least two options for what you want the USB connection to do.  I've seen Samsung phones lately default to "USB Charging" or similar.  You want file transfer.

Cozzamara

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 06:24:29 pm »

Anybody has more meaningful suggestions ?
I said I can browse phone's filesystem from the computer.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:12:25 am »

I would try to access this as a Handheld using a file path on the computer.  For example, if your device appears as the S: drive, set up a handheld definition that syncs to the S: drive.  If you can make it mount with a specific drive letter (or UNC path) each time that will work well.

Or, if the device has removable micro-SD storage, I would access it through a card reader, again using it's drive letter or path in Windows.

To do this:

Tools > Options > Handheld > Device Management > Add device

Now that file path based device will appear in the left navigation area under Drives and Devices and you can sync to it.

Good luck.

Brian.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:06:39 pm »

Not much help but I have had this problem for the last several years with multiple android devices. It eventually makes it past it but sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so.

Cozzamara

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

Oh yes, it loads eventually after around 30 minutes, which makes JRiver completely useless for phone sync.

I have about 4000 music files on SD card in the phone, if that matters. Other software (MediaMonkey) doesn't have this problem.
Perhaps JRiver tries to analyze all files on the device or something like that. Either way, it's doing something very wrong.

It is definitely a bug.
Is this forum the only channel for reporting bugs ?

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 11:48:41 am »

I have the same problem. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. I have a LG V-10 now, but I used to have HTC Windows phones and had the same problem. Every once in a while it won't happen, but I can't figure anything that is different that would cause the change in behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up