INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote disc/folder view  (Read 3504 times)

captain

JRemote disc/folder view
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:42:26 pm »

I am trying to get a disc/folder view on JRemote like you would find in a Windows disk file. Just looking for a list of files with album name and artist and in alphabetical order with the tracks in. I know that I need to do it in Tools > options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise View for JRemote, but can not work out how to set it up from here. Any help appreciated. Thanks

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote disc/folder view
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:12:23 am »

If I get it right, you want to see the folder structure a la Windows File Explorer.

I don't think that's possible.

My structure is for Rock say. Rock>Artist>Album>Files x 12 say

Setting up a Artist then Album view . As you dig down you'll see each file but as it's Track Metadata. Isn't that enough. I am not sure why the HDD structure is needed.

Indeed the joy of MC is that with helpful views actual file location becomes almost irrelevant (not that I am suggesting a random storage method)

Hope this helps

Mike

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:17:18 am »

When you are setting up your View, and you get to the chooser to pick the field you want, look to the left.  You'll see some radio buttons, one of which is File Path.  Click File Path to choose it, then (optionally) choose a starting path, like a drive letter or a top level directory (like C:\Music for example).  Save it and your view should show allow you to drill down through your folders on your disk.

Brian.

captain

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:00 pm »

Got there but a bit different. In customize view press add then new library Item. The side will change with a large white box with three buttons press the add then a window opens and choose button File Path. A standed select path Folder search opens drill down to file you want and save. You are then taken back to previous page and the path is written in white box. Change name of folder to what ever you want press ok then all good.

Thanks for your help

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 04:51:10 pm »

When you are setting up your View, and you get to the chooser to pick the field you want, look to the left.  You'll see some radio buttons, one of which is File Path.  Click File Path to choose it, then (optionally) choose a starting path, like a drive letter or a top level directory (like C:\Music for example).  Save it and your view should show allow you to drill down through your folders on your disk.

Brian.
Hi Brian,

When I do what you suggested I end up with a list of6374 items which is impossible to navigate. What I would like instead is to see ONLY the folders below the root level chosen and not all their subfolders. Just as in JRiver itself when you click on Files. Can't this be done?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 05:04:50 pm »

I just tested "my way" and it works as it should:  I see folders from the directory that I choose as part of setting up my Files view. In my case, I'm starting with /Users/bgentry/Music .  When I click on the Files view, I then see the folders below Music.  When I click on one of those folders, I see the folders below it.

I have a feeling we are doing different things.  Perhaps take a screen shot of your setup in Customize Views for JRemote and post it.  Or describe in more detail what you are doing.  Also, re-read Captain's last post. It more accurately describes the series of dialog boxes you will work through when doing this from the Customize Views for JRemote screen.

Good luck.

Brian.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 04:38:41 pm »

I'll be damned, now it works. :D Suffice it to say that I have not touched anything since yesterday, except for restarting the computer. I was following instructions yesterday that said to restart MC and restart JRemote which I did (numerous times in fact). I kept on getting a listing of all folders. After starting the computer afresh today all of a sudden the desired folder view appeared. That will teach me a lesson to restart the computer rather than just the program. Thanks for bothering to reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up