INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi EPG Feedback  (Read 2791 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Multi EPG Feedback
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:28:34 pm »

It's great as we can now fill in EPG Data from two Sources so I now have a complete EPG for all channels (most from IceTV and the rest from OTA).  One issue is that the EPG is updated by both sources you can get duplicated data appearing when there is a Time Difference for the same show (See pic).  I think the only way to address this will be if you can associate Channels with a particular/preferred EPG source (like you can with Tuners).

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Multi EPG Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »

It's actually not too bad but here is a better example where the OTA EPG has schedule lots of little bits, where IceTV has one 3hr prog.
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:23:59 am »

What are you using as your OTA EPG data source?

I ask because if you were using EPG Collector to collect MHEG5 or EIT OTA data, you could certainly restrict that to only gather data for the channels that IceTV doesn't provide data for. Hence, not overlap.

Note that I haven't looked at the functionality yet, so I could be misunderstanding exactly what it can do.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 07:05:16 am »

I'm using MC's inbuilt OTA DBA-T EPG grabber (once per day) and IceTV XML (once per 30mins).  Both are grabbing EPG data for the same channels hence the issue when there is differing start times on the same channel.
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 04:50:44 pm »

Okay. I guess using EPG Collector would be a solution now, and would allow the OTA EPG to be improved with better metadata.

But being able to select which channels are collected for each EPG source would be the real solution, as you said.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 04:35:59 pm »

Right now you can do the following to specify using a particular EPG method for a particular channel.  It will require some individual tweaking of channels.

If you want to use two different online methods and use one for some channels, and the other for some other channels, you run EPG loading manually, and when the first EPG mode's XMLTVID matching window pops up, clear the ID for channels that you do not want to use that particular EPG mode.  Then, when the second matching window pops up, make sure those channels are associated with the IDs of the second method.

If you need to mix OTA EPG with online EPG, clear all XMLTV IDs that you want to be handled in OTA, and use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" (I should have removed the words "(ATSC only)" since we support OTA scan for DVB already).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »

If you need to mix OTA EPG with online EPG clear all XMLTV IDs that you want to be handled in OTA, and use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" (I should have removed the words "(ATSC only)" since we support OTA scan for DVB already).
Works Perfectly and I've never tired that check box (yes it needs the ATSC wording removed).  You should also clear the existing EPG first.  Thanks Yaobing!
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 08:04:10 pm »

Excellent.

I hardly ever change my EPG or TV setup, so I don't notice these new capabilities.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 10:35:28 pm »

Any one else not having the EPG auto refresh?  Works fine when I go into Tools--> Options--> Television--> Load Program Guide--> Run selected profiles now.  Both the ICETV and the EPG runs and populates data.

I notice in the main "Television View" that the "Program guide last refreshed: Date/Time" does not seem to update even after the 30min interval set for the ICETV update passes. 
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 03:07:25 am »

Mine is still working fine, but I'm still on MC22.0.110. What version are you on?

If still on MC22, and this is happening since you made your changes as above, what timeout do you have set for the EPG load? If the timeout expires before it finished, MC kills the external EPG collection process, and all data is lost, and the load Date/Time might not get updated. I know it kills the external process, but can't remember if it aborts the remaining EPG processing completely.

Hang on, you said;
Both the ICETV and the EPG runs and populates data.

Did you mean that happens when you do a manual run, not on the schedule?

I'm pretty sure a manual run ignores the timeout setting. Or it used to, when the setting was hard coded at 10 minutes.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 11:50:23 am »

Did you check TV Logs?  You would see "Background EPG loading:..." and "Online EPG loading was successful..." messages.  If not then something is not right.  You need to a period of time when there is no recording or live TV showing. 
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:21:37 pm »

Sorry - Just PEBCAK.  Helps if I have check "Automatically load the program guide everyday in the Background"!  All good now
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up