INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [22.0.108] JRiver handheld conversion directory  (Read 1278 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[22.0.108] JRiver handheld conversion directory
« on: June 24, 2017, 10:38:13 pm »

So I have MC set up to sync music to my OneDrive folder, and to convert all files to MP3 when necessary (so that Groove Music will add them automatically). I also have the option, Resync if Date Modified has changed turned on.

I noticed that MC will actually convert each respective file once and add the output file as a stack member of the source in the library. When the same file is synced again with metadata changed, it does not convert it again; it simply resyncs the stack member instantaneously with the changes applied. This is, honestly, silly genius, and I respect the inclusion of this feature, as it saves a lot in time and processing overhead.

However, there is one little issue:

I recently acquired a few re-mastered re-releases of albums that already exist in my library. When I ripped and attempted to sync them, I noticed that the files synced instantaneously--no conversion. The new files also have no subordinate stack members afterwards, and I'm guessing it's because MC checks for existing stack members via (album) artist, album, track number, and name--and finds them in the old versions. I have separated the new versions from the old, both in the media library and on disc via Rename, Move, & Copy Files, by indicating a distinct catalog # and whatnot, but I don't think this is respected. The result is that the re-mastered editions are not favoured in a sync, in spite of changes I've made to the smartlist in the interest of such.

Now, I'm well aware that this could easily by solved by simply removing the old versions, but I kind of want to keep them there for reference purposes. I feel like I could fix this by deleting the stack members on disk and resyncing, but when attempting to expand the stacks, nothing happens, which means that I cannot locate them on disk.

So my question is: In which directory do I find them? I don't think they're the MP3's in OneDrive, because deleting those doesn't seem to fix the problem--syncing is still instantaneous when it's not supposed to be.

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [22.0.108] JRiver handheld conversion directory
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:44:19 pm »

No idea?
Pages: [1]   Go Up