INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC will not stream on 3rd PC  (Read 1219 times)

kmmcd

• Junior Woodchuck
MC will not stream on 3rd PC
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:41:16 am »

We have purchased a MC license and were having no trouble with it running on two W10 PC's. We are playing music from a NAS.
     We then installed it on a 3rd PC (Surface Pro 4), and MC will not play any audio on the 3rd PC. Our libraries have been installed, but when a track is selected and played, the time counter advances to about 4 seconds and stops. With a different piece of music, the counter may advance to 1 second and will stop. It is as though the file is playing until the initial silent period is over and then stops.
     The first two PC's work fine, and Groove Music on the 3rd PC can play the files just fine. Although we have different file types, the file types in this test are standard definition (.flac, 44.1kHz).
     Thanks in advance for any advice.

kmmcd

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC will not stream on 3rd PC
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:58:04 am »

UPDATE: I tried the W10 Direct Sound (instead of WASAPI) driver , and that worked. So, Groove Music can use WASAPI, but MC cannot. Which is strange, since on one of our other PC's, MC works with WASAPI just fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC will not stream on 3rd PC
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:15:21 am »

WASAPI has an Exclusive mode.  If one program is set to Exclusive, another can't use it.  Check the settings in Groove and in Windows Control Panel > Sound.
Pages: [1]   Go Up