INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: encoding details of media files  (Read 1994 times)

pete74

• Recent member
encoding details of media files
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:43:53 am »

Hello all.   I'm trying to find a way to view the encoding details of my media files (mainly flac) within MC.  Windows explorer can show them to me (although, this may be because I have dbpoweramp installed).

Can this be done somehow?    I'm basically trying to find out what app I used to rip the cds in question.

Thanks in advance

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: encoding details of media files
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:52:17 am »

In the tagging window, click on the top line of the Window - e.g. FLAC - 2:44 - 17.7MB. That will show the tags in the file.  And, yes, the reason you see the tags in Windows is because dBpoweramp is installed.

You can also create a tag/field in the library with the same name as the tag in the file and copy the file tags to the library by selecting the files and using Library Tools - Update Library (from Tags)

pete74

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:55:27 am »

In the tagging window, click on the top line of the Window - e.g. FLAC - 2:44 - 17.7MB. That will show the tags in the file.  And, yes, the reason you see the tags in Windows is because dBpoweramp is installed.

Thanks!   I presume then that it can't be shown in the file list (to allow sorting by encoder type)?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 10:58:24 am »

Just added some more info to original post. You can create a field/tag in the library with the same name as the file tag and then copy the file tag to the library field.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 11:01:27 am »

Note update library from tags will overwrite any changes you have made to the fields in the library so be careful if you have made changes. You can also write the library fields to the files to update the files and then copy from files to library. If you want to do the whole library, I would make a backup first, just in case.

pete74

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 03:02:28 pm »

Just added some more info to original post. You can create a field/tag in the library with the same name as the file tag and then copy the file tag to the library field.

Thanks very much!!!  That's exactly what I was looking for!   Now, if only the tag was the same for each file type.... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up