INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.1 - 7.1 Convolution bi-amping problem (channels switched)  (Read 2507 times)

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,
I have a 5.1 Setup, the mains are biamped with acourate filters.
I think since MC23 there were some changes in audio routing? I always assigned the channels 7 and 8 (SurL and SurR in a 7.1 channel configuration) to the SurL and SurR Tweeters and mid basses and to the sub. No problem, because 5.1 movies were then treated with this 7.1 channel configuration, so SurL and SurR in 5.1 tracks were still the intern channel 7 and 8. In 7.1 tracks I mixed channel 5 and 6 (back left and back right accordingly to the speakers with the dolby standards).

BUT now in MC23 there seems to be the problem, that a 5.1 track is treated like a 5.1 track (ch 5 and ch 6 for SurL and SurR) and a 7.1 track as a 7.1 track (ch 7 and ch8 for SurL and SurR). This is problematically in terms of switching between a 5.1 source or a 7.1 Source because I have allways manually to change my convolution.txt.... If I assign channel 5 and 6 to the Speakers, then in 5.1 movies it's alright, but when then watching a 7.1 movie, I only get the back speaker effects, not the surround effects.

Regards
Jens

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: 5.1 - 7.1 Convolution bi-amping problem (channels switched)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:06:43 am »

zones may help!
set up zones for the particulars and then apply zone switch....see the wiki for specifics
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »

This is a good idea, thank you!

Jens

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:12:50 am »

This is a good idea, thank you!

Jens

Your welcome....hope it works out for you :D
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 03:20:26 pm »

Hello,

Zone switch is a great thing. I have realized several things and it's working, but I have one problem... When switching the stream during a movie from 5.1 to 7.1 the zone switch does not work... :(

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 10:19:21 pm »

Has this actually been changed in jriver?

I could not see any record of it in the logs.

If it has been changed, what was the reason?

I also use convolution filters with a 7.1 system.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 02:38:18 am »

Zone switch is a great thing. I have realized several things and it's working, but I have one problem... When switching the stream during a movie from 5.1 to 7.1 the zone switch does not work... :(
zone switch occurs when playback starts so you have to stop/start for it to trigger a different zone. Is this really a problem? It seems quite unusual to want to switch from 5.1 to 7.1 *during* playback, why do you want to do that?

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 07:29:45 am »

Hello,

The default language which I have set is german. In the most cases, german audio streams do "only" have 5.1 channels. If I want to switch the language to english, so I can watch the movie in the original language, often it's a 7.1 stream. That's why I sometimes change the stream "during playback" But it's actually no problem, have to check if the stop and play again method works for zone switch.

Thank you for your help!

Greetings!

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 11:09:29 am »

hello, sry for this late answer. But zoneswitch does not work. It seems that MC only looks for the first channel, which is in this case the 7.1 channel. Although switching to the 5.1 german channel stream and stopping/restarting playback, MC stays in the 7.1 mode.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up