INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB Device Not Recognized  (Read 2306 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
USB Device Not Recognized
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:46:14 pm »

I just started getting this message and no music out with my PerfectWave II DAC. Any ideas what could be wrong? It does it with both MC 22 and MC 23.

My desktop set up:
JRiver 22 -> optimized /w Fidelizer Pro -> Supra USB -> Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator -> Schiit PYST USB -> UpTone Audio USB Regen -> Hard adapter -> PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 -> Discovery Plus 4 XLR -> Parasound Halo -> KEF LS50 (IsoAcoustic stands) + HSU STF-1 Sub x 2.

~ OR ~ Same source to: Icon Audio HP8 MKII / Lyr -> AH-D7000, HD700, HD650, LCD 2.2f, HD598

I get this error:
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

So, I attempted to plug in my PWD directly, (without any USB isolators/reclockers), from PWD II to my laptop. I tried this twice even with two different USB cords, and I also tried to plug into my spare laptop as a music source and still get the error with no music.

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.
[/i]

Then I plugged in my backup Bifrost directly, (without any USB isolators/reclockers), into both laptops and I get music WITHOUT the above error.

Would this seem to be an issue with the PWD?

Also, this is weird but with PWD in the system, on the top bar in JRiver where it says: “JRiver Media Center” it alternates and rapidly changes between “JRiver Media Center” AND  “Ipc Opening”.
AND in the bottom left “Action Window” it alternates rapidly between “Action Window” and “Display”
I know kinda bizarre, not sure what is going on here…

Also, by the way my main laptop is Windows 7, and my spare is Windows 10, but they work as described above..

Thanks.

My Desk Top System:
Flac -> JRiver 22 -> optimized /w Fidelizer Pro -> Supra USB -> Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator -> Schiit PYST USB -> UpTone Audio USB Regen -> Hard adapter -> PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 -> Discovery Plus 4 XLR -> Parasound Halo -> KEF LS50 (IsoAcoustic stands) + HSU STF-1 Sub x 2.
~ OR ~ Same source to: Icon Audio HP8 MKII / Lyr -> AH-D7000, HD700, HD650, LCD 2.2f, HD598

Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: USB Device Not Recognized
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:16:15 am »

Also, this is weird but with PWD in the system, on the top bar in JRiver where it says: “JRiver Media Center” it alternates and rapidly changes between “JRiver Media Center” AND  “Ipc Opening”.
AND in the bottom left “Action Window” it alternates rapidly between “Action Window” and “Display”

You have sounds being fed into the JRiver WDM audio input driver, probably Windows System sounds. Probably your default Windows Playback device is set to the JRiver WDM. Is that what you intended?

Read this: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Search the forum for "IPC" and related stuff. (The WDM Driver is the IPC that shows up in MC.)

Sorry, I can't help with all the other stuff, but you have a long chain of USB devices, and you are probably going to have to work through isolating each step in the chain to find the problem. Or maybe it is just caused by Windows playing audio to the WDM, which activates then deactivates, then activates then deactivates, etc.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Re: USB Device Not Recognized
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »

You have sounds being fed into the JRiver WDM audio input driver, probably Windows System sounds. Probably your default Windows Playback device is set to the JRiver WDM. Is that what you intended?

Read this: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Search the forum for "IPC" and related stuff. (The WDM Driver is the IPC that shows up in MC.)

Sorry, I can't help with all the other stuff, but you have a long chain of USB devices, and you are probably going to have to work through isolating each step in the chain to find the problem. Or maybe it is just caused by Windows playing audio to the WDM, which activates then deactivates, then activates then deactivates, etc.

Thanks for your input RoderickGI.
I tried many solutions but the one I think worked was uninstalling and reinstalling the PS Audio Driver. Anyway, it's all good now. I have this nasty habit of trying multiple things at once, but I'm pretty sure it was the driver reinstall that fixed it.
Happy Independence Day!
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5
Pages: [1]   Go Up