INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Volume appears broken (SOLVED)  (Read 1790 times)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Internal Volume appears broken (SOLVED)
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:03:42 am »

Internal Volume appears broken for me, just turned on pc and MC 23 and all I got was muffled playback. I looked at audio path while playing and discovered a -40 db for internal volume

I changed it from internal to anything else and all played fine.....

closed MC23 waited a bit opened MC22 and it plays fine with internal volume......not sure why.....all the setting are the same for MC22 and MC23

It's the same for 2 pc's with their own libraries with same music files from a external storage device. output via toslink to a 5.1 yamaha and 7.1 yamaha using W7. sound cards are same on both pc's. specs of pc's are quite similar but video cards are completely different tho I don't think any of this matters. Output is DGX (Asio)

EDIT: OK I did make a change yesterday to center speakers on both systems. I was junkin at the pawn shop and found 2 LG SH2 sound bars (powered). I am using them as the center speakers on both systems with modified wiring. They are phenomenal for centers as they have a remote and their volume can be adjusted instantly for tv and movie playback. But it still don't explain why MC22 internal volume is working.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

Re: Internal Volume appears broken for me
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:41:27 am »

This might be overly obvious but... Did you try moving the volume slider near the play and stop buttons?

Have you perhaps accidentally enabled volume protection or startup volume?
Tools > Options > Audio > Volume

Just some guesses.

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Internal Volume appears broken (SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:56:30 am »

This might be overly obvious but... Did you try moving the volume slider near the play and stop buttons?

Have you perhaps accidentally enabled volume protection or startup volume?
Tools > Options > Audio > Volume

Just some guesses.

Brian.

OMG...how embarrassing for me....who changed the volume protection? nobody but me monkeys with anything. Internal volume sounds so much better...lol @ the old koot

thanks Brian
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 01:30:30 pm »

Glad to help.  Ohmmmmmmmmmm   :)

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:35:09 pm »

Ha Ha.  ;D

I've done that before . . . but I didn't start a thread on it before I found the problem: Me!  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up