INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Internet Issue  (Read 1110 times)

ken6

• Recent member
JRemote Internet Issue
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:10:42 am »

I cannot access JRiver (22.0.88) on a Mac Mini running macOS 10.12.5 from the internet via an iphone (ios 10.3.2) and JRemote 3.25.  Works great when on LAN/Wifi.  Put in port forwarding on the router which appears to work from the Mini (its firewall is off) with the Media Network Options test (the not reachable from the internet verbiage goes away).  I see this call on the router firewall log.  When I try to connect from cell with the phone I get an error message on JRemote "Could not connect, there was an error sending the request".  It then retrieves the correct ip addresses (internal and external) with the access key and gives the same error. I do not see anything on the firewall log that I can identify as coming from the phone.

This is on a T-Mobile cell network and I saw the thread about issues with T-Mobile from January, but looked like this was fixed.

Any suggestions appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote Internet Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:38:54 am »

Welcome to the forum.  The wiki has a topic called Network Access .

ken6

• Recent member
Re: JRemote Internet Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:06:53 pm »

Thanks JimH.  The Network Access wiki was helpful in getting me to this point.  I was able to use the workaround from the previous thread, i.e., it still doesn't work from my phone, but if I use a wifi only pad with the same phones hotspot, it works!  Not sure why but...

Been a fan of JRiver since at least v17, and JRemote more recently. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up