INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting subtitles  (Read 2454 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Selecting subtitles
« on: June 30, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »

This could maybe a stupid question I cannot find a way to select subtitles or load external subtitle (this works like a charm with videostream from google)
I enabled get subtitles from opensubtitles when getting infos ...
I tired many way with mouse right click, chasing into menus etc. Is this that difficult? I can't with both JRiver MC and JRemote ... I am frustrated
I found in the wiki to try OSD but how do I access OSD?? https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

Thanks much
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Selecting subtitles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:02:13 pm »

You need to access them while playing a video, so assuming you are doing that, follow the Wiki instructions:

"The controls that operate this are the arrow keys on a remote or a keyboard. Use up or down arrow to move through the available settings, and left or right arrow to change them."

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »

I would point out they need to be turned on (for a lack of a better word) under.... tools>options>video>
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:54:12 pm »

You need to access them while playing a video, so assuming you are doing that, follow the Wiki instructions:

"The controls that operate this are the arrow keys on a remote or a keyboard. Use up or down arrow to move through the available settings, and left or right arrow to change them."

I bring up the subtitle controls via Right+Click/Context Menu from my mouse during playback.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 01:29:10 pm »

I still cannot find this context menu https://www.dropbox.com/s/jihepxeclybcqxo/Screenshot%202017-07-01%2020.28.11.png?dl=0
here is the screen shot
thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:38:05 pm »

You can only do this when playing locally. If you want to switch for remote playback, you need to play locally first and select a track, it'll save the choice.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Trumpetguy

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 04:35:47 pm »

And I still don't understand why JRiver don't think this, rather basic, functionality is an important feature. It has been requested numerous times. Gizmo and JRemote is falling steadily more and more behind their competitors in functionality and stability. MC is king in the home cinema, though, don't get me wrong. But it is years since I stopped using MC remotes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up