INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id and a browser  (Read 1808 times)

dls123

• Recent member
Id and a browser
« on: July 03, 2017, 10:10:48 am »

Hi
Now that I have the Id dialed in it does sound excellent.  The one thing I miss in the linux version of MC on the Id vs the windows version is that ability to open a browser and play  an internet link, say cbc radio or some archive mp3 of a program from a website.  I know you can play a url, but you have to find it and then paste it in.  It is far more convenient to have the browser integrated into MC as in the other version on windows.  Any plans to add this to the linux version with firefox or some other browser?

thanks....

dls123

• Recent member
Re: Id and a browser
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:30:46 am »

A second possibility..  Is there any way to open a web page on a laptop and have the Id play the link through MC?  There must be some way to make this work..... 

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:48:07 pm »

If you're opening a webpage from the embedded browser in Media Center, it will play through the browser, not Media Center, so you can't play to the Id as a zone that way. However, if you're using File -> Open URL... that will play through Media Center. In that case, you should be able to select the Id as a zone and play to it that way.

As for adding a web browser to Media Center on the Id; I could not give you a definite answer one way or the other. It has been talked about, but I don't know of any immediate plans to embed a browser in Media Center on the Id. You can still access a browser on the Id by selecting the Audio or Video section. On the upper right will be some links in a toolbar, like Amazon, AMG, Google, et cetera. You can access a browser through those links, and even create your own links.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:41 pm »

If you can open it as Brad describes, you can right click on it in Playing Now and save it as a playlist.  This makes it easier to play the next time.

dls123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »

Thanks Guys!   I can open firefox using google inside MC, find what I want, then simply cut and paste the link into MC and it works.  I will look for a more efficient way, but at least it works!  If I can get firefox to play to the id audio output that would be better, but I will look into it later.  No time now.  This works anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up