INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver remote on PC  (Read 3928 times)

JeffR

JRiver remote on PC
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:13 pm »

I am interested in using Ipad/Iphone to control JRiver v.23 on my pc and stream to bluetooth speakers from pc.  Is this possible?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver remote on PC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 04:27:22 pm »

Yes.

Search the Wiki and Forum for JRemote and WebGizmo, or just find the Remotes article in the Wiki.

As long as you can direct the audio output to your bluetooth speakers from within Windows, you will be able to stream audio to them. That is hardware and driver dependent, but shouldn't be a problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

shAf

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:37:26 am »

I am interested in using Ipad/Iphone to control JRiver v.23 on my pc and stream to bluetooth speakers from pc.  Is this possible?
Not many Windows PCs come with Bluetooth. Of course the other option is to stream music from MC to JRemote, and then use Bluetooth from your iPad/iPhone. I do this all the time to stream Bt to my headphone DAC/Amp...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 08:42:50 am »

Most PC's have Bluetooth now. 

MC can play to a Bluetooth device if you have paired it in Windows and then select the BT device in MC's audio settings.

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:40:29 am »

JRemote is magic I use it on an iPad mini and an android phone, I use it to stream to a Bluetooth speaker

Media Server is setup on main pc, connect JRemote to it, select Zone as This Device and you can play the media server to the iPad speakers. Now pair a Bluetooth speaker and voila

Hope this helps

Mike

JeffR

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 09:42:05 pm »

Thanks all

shAf

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 05:23:15 am »

Most PC's have Bluetooth now. 

[...]
If the Bt speaker(s) pair via the PC then speaker placement is fixed within the range of the PC. Pairing Bt with the iDevice allows greater freedom within wider range of the LAN, possibly only limited by the WAN...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up