INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!!!!!!! Playlists exchange  (Read 934 times)

johannes

• Recent member
  • Hope to come........... ..
Help!!!!!!! Playlists exchange
« on: June 30, 2003, 04:08:39 am »

? Hi

Big problem I have one version (Latest version) MC 9.180 running on my desktop and my notebook and i want to transfer the playlists however after exporting them on my desktop pc and trying to import them on my notebook the program is not importing the playlists??
What can i do to get my playlist on to my notebook???
sincerly Johannes

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help!!!!!!! Playlists exchange
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 10:35:11 am »

Try other playlist export formats -- MPL or M3U.

Also, you'll need the same filenames on the laptop as the regular computer or else the playlist will point to invalid files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

melkiades

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 12:48:55 pm »

I have the exact same problem.  If you use the Media Library to export your whole database, and then you import it back to another computer, everything is imported fine and if you use the same drive letters, everything works.

BUT...

The playlists are not imported.  This is **RIDICULOUS** as playlists are one of the most important things in a huge collection.

Anybody know how to do this besides from exporting and reimporting each and every playlist separately ?

later,
alain

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 04:29:46 pm »

I've never had this particular problem but I do find playlists to be HIGHLY volatile within MC.

They seem to get lost all the time with new builds etc which is why I've given up using them. I started using them for keeping track of what songs etc. I'd burnt but then gave up after I started losing them with new builds etc.
I do think they need to be made alot more stable and 'solid' - I'd personally LOVE it if MC would save all it's playlists purely as playlists in a dir that it just read in.

That way if the library changes, MC crashes or whatever - we can still read the playlists with anything.

I cant think of any features we'd lose from this setup but the stability increase would be overwhelming as well as our confidence level in using playlists in MC.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 11:07:23 pm »

When I copy my entire library directory from one computer to another (as part of a backup), my playlists get transfered. I don't know which file exactly contains them, but it's in there somewhere!

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the files must be in the same location on the second computer for this to work smoothly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up