INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing up Library with music cover images scattered everywhere?  (Read 1196 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen

Hi there,

I only recently noticed that the data tag field 'image' in my audio library shows where MC is pulling the cover art from to display. I am often in the habit of searching for a better quality file using the right click, Cover art, Get from Internet. However I now realise that images are stored inside the file, in the folder as folder.jpg, but more importantly all through  C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Cover Art\Albums.

Is there a way to consolidate all these files back to the folders where the files are store or inside the tags of the files. If I move the library I will lose all these cover art images?

Also I notice there is a whole tree of data sitting under AppData...\MC21 - can I safe delete this whole folder since I have uninstalled MC21 already?

Thanks DS
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Backing up Library with music cover images scattered everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 12:59:09 am »

To understand how your MC settings affect your cover art I'd look at a number of tracks with a 3rd party tag editor (eg MP3Tag)  and see the image and size of the cover art embedded into the track *

Tag changes in my MC get written back to the audio files so changes in cover art are saved back to the individual files and I don't need to worry about the location of saved cover art or folder.jpg files. . .

Spike

* I rip to FLAC that supports embedded cover art if you use .WAV files or something that doesn't support (any?) tagging very well this may not work for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up