INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: streaming radio  (Read 1537 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
streaming radio
« on: July 07, 2017, 01:01:38 pm »

Trying to get streaming radio from computer to main stereo.
Using W7 & most recent MC22 (downloaded today)

MC has two different outputs:
USB to external NAD dac and desktop speakers 
PSAudio Direct Stream bridge 1 (current firmware)  via network cable to router, balanced output to preamp and main stereo system

Material on external hard drives play properly through either desktops or main system.

Trying to listen to streaming radio via MC & main system:
Playing now/ PSAudio DAC
Audio/connected media/right click/ add website
Popup box “Media options” comes up.  I add “wqxr.org”

I go back to connected media and click on wqxr.org - but all I get is a google search box.  When I enter wqxr.org n the google box, then click on the link -  music plays through the desktop speakers only and not thru the PSAudio.  I tried the same process with wshu.org, same result.

How do I get MC to play streaming radio through the PSAudio? I couldnt find WQXR on any of the links provided - but I'm guessing the bandwidth will better from the source radio station than from an intermediate.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Roger Kaye

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
Re: streaming radio
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:04:25 pm »

Hi Roger,

When I set up listening to WWUH.org via JRiver, I tried adding that to the Audio/Connected Media list in the far left of the screen that you mentioned.  I ended up in the same place you did.  I then navigated to the station's website while in Media Center.  In the upper left corner of the screen, near the back and forward arrows,  you will see the website address.  If you hover your mouse over that, a dropdown menu will appear.  One option is add this station.  Try that.

Best Regards,

Gregg

robt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: streaming radio
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 01:12:57 pm »

Have a read of this - I have requested radio via dlna on more than one occassion.. :)

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110315.msg762744.html#msg762744
Pages: [1]   Go Up