INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engen Price Increase July 15  (Read 3204 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Engen Price Increase July 15
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:13:58 pm »

On July 15, the price of an Engen license will increase to $30.

It's now a mature product, with a REST interface and a very good web app.  It works well for lighting and other switches.  It also supports sensors and power strips.  It is integrated with MC.

Thanks to Gene, John, and Brad for their pioneering work.  I look forward to more.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Engen Price Increase July 15
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:46:54 am »

Congratulations on this milestone, and thanks for the great work developing this product.

I can attest Engen has been rock solid in daily operation for quite some time now. Wishing y'all lots of success!

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:06:43 pm »

So - I check in on Engen every now and then, but feel stupid for not knowing this.  You can buy Engen by itself?  I thought it was only included on the Id hardware.  Did I misinterpret that?  Can you buy the exe, or Linux package?  If so, how do I do that?  It's not listed under the purchase link, I didn't see anything about buying it when I scanned the pinned posts quickly, and engen.com looks like it was last updated when you registered the trademark  ;D ;)

The answer to my prior question in this link makes me think I was correct, but that doesn't make sense when you say the price is going up to $30.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109729.msg759031.html#msg759031

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 06:17:27 am »

I'm sorry it's confusing.  If you download the exe for Windows, it will work for 30 days, then time out unless it's purchased. 

The latest build is here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111315.0.html

We have it running on Linux and OSX but we haven't sold it on those, other than for the one that is included with the IdPi.  We plan to do it sometime.  We just haven't yet.

I have used the version running on the IdPi for almost a year now and it's been very reliable, even running the latest (and sometimes experimental) builds.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:33:59 pm »

Thanks Jim.  That makes sense to me now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up