INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI issue  (Read 1373 times)

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
HDMI issue
« on: July 08, 2017, 09:50:26 pm »

Hi JRiver team. I am running MC under Audiophile Optimizer in minimal core mode on my i7 server running W2012R2.

I'd like to play multichannel files off my server, via JRiver, using HDMI as my output. I have a Marantz AV-7702 pre/pro. I've connected it to my server via HDMI. I have video -- that is, I can see the MC home page via the HDMI connection -- but JRiver does not see the Intel Display Audio endpoint for output from JRiver. Kal Rubinson, with whom I'm corresponding over at the Roon forum, reports that he sees that Intel endpoint in JRiver connected to his Marantz AV-8802A pre/pro.

MC is seeing my network connected Bel Canto renderer (although no longer the OpenHome version) and my SONOS boxes scattered around my home.

So this leads me to the question of what advice can you offer about getting the audio handshake accomplished here. I've rebooted MC, the pre/pro and the server. No luck.

Thoughts?  Thanks. JCR

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDMI issue
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 12:13:56 am »

From memory I have a feeling that MC is not officially supported running under Audiophile Optimizer. I don't know if this relates to your issue or not.

Spike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HDMI issue
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:53:24 am »

We don't support that OS either.  Some audiophiles think it's worth using for reasons that are less than credible, but we don't.  You're asking for trouble.

If HDMI is supported on your PC and the device, it should work.   If video works over HDMI, but audio doesn't, you have a driver problem.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up