INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Loss Of Some Function With Install of JRiver For Mac 23  (Read 1799 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen

I've been trying JRiver 23 for Mac the past couple of days. There seems to be a problem with JRemote running with 23. Playing from Smartlist in auto-shuffle on the main page the artwork doesn't show in the lower left corner. On the playing now page the larger artwork does not display and the volume and timer/time remaining do not display.

I've just launched MC 22 and JRemote works fine, normal with that version as it always has.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Loss Of Some Function With Install of JRiver For Mac 23
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »

Your thumbnails are probably not built yet since this is a new version of MC.  Go tell MC to build them all:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > build missing thumbnails

Hopefully that will fix the issue.  You might have to restart MC *and* the idevice running JRemote.

Good luck.

Brian.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:10:55 pm »

Your thumbnails are probably not built yet since this is a new version of MC.  Go tell MC to build them all:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > build missing thumbnails

Hopefully that will fix the issue.  You might have to restart MC *and* the idevice running JRemote.

Good luck.

Brian.

I think that may have been it. Early on everything seems fine.

Thank you
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

couchjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:44:26 pm »

Brian, would you be kind enough to explain how "Thumbnails" in MC relate to cover art (in the Library Tools menus) which can be linked, saved in tags, found on the web, etc.? I've been reluctant to use "build thumbnails" commands for fear they would overwrite my carefully sourced and saved images (saved both as folder.jpg's in each album folder AND saved into each audio file via the "cover art->add from file" command).

If the thumbnails are a copy that MC uses and "build missing thumbnails" poses no threat to my files, then I'll try that command to resolve the missing images in Album view in MC and Remote that I see when I use my iPad (see earlier thread). I just realized that the problem has only been noticeable since I installed MC 23 on the Mac Mini just prior to adding the most recently tagged 2000 albums.

Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up