INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Device Transfer Hierarchy Options  (Read 1102 times)

Sarge101st

Device Transfer Hierarchy Options
« on: July 15, 2017, 04:14:37 pm »

Hey so I'm much more interested in using JRiver going forward for my music management. For the past 5 years I've only used JRiver for video and I've used Winamp for audio but I'm done with Winamp. Here's what I'm trying to find out.

-I am able in Winamp to choose how files are moved onto my external drive in preferences. I'm able to choose Genre, then artist, then song number. I want to be able to do the same in JRiver, but when I started to play with the settings it sent all music onto my device in one master folder titled Genre, then a subfolder for artist. Am I using the wrong characters to outline what I want to do? Which characters should I be using?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Device Transfer Hierarchy Options
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »

Welcome to the forum (and to JRiver).

The tool you probably want to use is Rename Files from Properties.  If you check the directory box, it will move files to directories with names from the rules you set.  For example [Artist]\[Album].

Try a few before you do very many.  Once you set a rule, use your mouse to hover over the text on the right and you will see where the files are going to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up