INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: DSP Studio "Preset List" management  (Read 2054 times)

progerman

• Recent member
Suggestion: DSP Studio "Preset List" management
« on: July 22, 2017, 05:24:58 am »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I had a couple of thoughts regarding the DSP Studio's "Presets".

• Making it work like the "Equalizer" plug-in would be good, as it would provide easier access to changing the preset.
  • Adding the presets to the pop-up window from the main screen that shows the audio path (just the list, not the "Manage" button) would again make it easier to change presets.

Just a thought... :)

Thanks for the consideration.

progerman

• Recent member
Re: Suggestion: DSP Studio "Preset List" management
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:27:38 am »

P.S. JRiver rocks!!!! You should have seen how I did things BEFORE JRiver... :P JRiver is good for my OCD :)

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 09:28:25 am »

+1

I'm currently using;
1. PEQ (increase headroom)
2. Sonarworks EQ VST
3. DMG Audio EQuick (SSBB EQ)
4. Metaplugin, wrapper to allow me to use Waves NX.

The problem is that I also run near field monitors from the same DAC/AMP - which in turn means I have to go into the DSP and uncheck the 4 boxes above before starting playback to monitors.

Is there a quicker / easier way to do this maneuver?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:19:16 am »

Use two zones. Please read the wiki topic.

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 01:11:12 am »

Use two zones. Please read the wiki topic.
Thanks, that's very helpful - however this holds true for local zones only?
Can I switch zones from a JRiver running in my office or do I have to do the switch directly from the server where the core JRiver sits?

It seems like I can manage this from the web-tool, however when I'm running MC23 in my office to control the server having all my music on it, I can't seem to change zone...

justsomeguy

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 08:20:39 pm »

I have wanted DSP studio presets for a long time. Not specifically for the scenario the OP is talking about though.

I have always wanted to be able apply a DSP preset based on tags. For instance different presets that change automatically based on say genre or any other tag you'd like. Different genres can benefit from different DSP settings.

RD James

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:36:41 pm »

Zones are the best solution offered by Media Center for the issue of wanting two different output configurations playing to the same device.

I have wanted DSP studio presets for a long time. Not specifically for the scenario the OP is talking about though.
I have always wanted to be able apply a DSP preset based on tags. For instance different presets that change automatically based on say genre or any other tag you'd like. Different genres can benefit from different DSP settings.
There is an option to save DSP Presets at the bottom-right of the DSP Studio window, and you can apply them to files via tags.
The problem is that it saves the state of all DSPs instead of select DSPs. Presets are applied by tagging files instead of being rule-based, and changes made to the state of DSP by presets are permanent rather than temporary.

justsomeguy

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 12:22:11 am »

Zones are the best solution offered by Media Center for the issue of wanting two different output configurations playing to the same device.
There is an option to save DSP Presets at the bottom-right of the DSP Studio window, and you can apply them to files via tags.
The problem is that it saves the state of all DSPs instead of select DSPs. Presets are applied by tagging files instead of being rule-based, and changes made to the state of DSP by presets are permanent rather than temporary.

Hmm, not sure how I overlooked that for so long. I know I've noticed you could save/load presets but never knew you could assign them by the "DSP" tag. There is nothing that alludes to this fact. Clicking the HELP in DSP takes you to the wiki that makes no mention of this at all.

I think this is an example of what some people talk about when they say MC needs a UI change/easier to use. Features remain hidden to a lot of people, even some like this that seem like they should be more obvious. Honestly I have no problems using MC in its current state but understand what they mean. This as an example. How is a new user ever suppose to know they can assign DSP to tags?

I agree that rules based way of applying a DSP is a better way to go. Almost everything else in MC is rules based like creating smartlists, views and even auto zone switching. Why not DSP presets? Just seems out of place with the way everything else in MC is done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up