INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer to Handheld + "Apply DSP" = no difference  (Read 1411 times)

progerman

• Recent member
Transfer to Handheld + "Apply DSP" = no difference
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:43:18 pm »

Hi,

I am sending a FLAC file to an SDHC card, and I have indicated the following settings (see attached screenshot for confirmation):
  • Mode = Specified output format
  • Encoder = FLAC Encoder
  • Apply DSP = (checked)
I chose the following DSP Studio plug-ins, in the order indicated below:
  • Volume Leveling
  • Adaptive Volume
  • Parametric Equalizer 2
  • Equalizer
  • Parameter Equalizer
I expected "Specified output format" to perform a forced conversion for me (even though it is a "FLAC to FLAC" conversion). I wanted to change the compression level of the FLAC to be different than that stored on my PC. However, I can sort of understand why this isn't taking place.

... but I am guessing that because the FLAC conversion isn't taking place, that the "Apply DSP" setting is being ignored.

I confirmed that this was not taking place by taking a copy of the file that was transferred with the "Apply DSP" setting both on and off and performed a SHA-256 CRC check on the files, and they were both identical.

Any assistance with this will be much appreciated, as I cannot get the X7's equaliser to function using the Stellios music player and the music sounds awful when it is flat. :(

Many thanks! :)

progerman

• Recent member
Re: Transfer to Handheld + "Apply DSP" = no difference
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 10:58:52 pm »

I just tried it with some different FLAC files, and these showed as "Converting" then "Uploading" in the device's transfer window... while the FLAC album that I reported the issue with only shows "Uploading". So I am guessing MC is intelligent enough to realise the compression level of the FLAC! If so, that is very very neat. :)

It is almost 5am here now, so I can't confirm my theory of "skipping of DSP settings if conversion is not necessary"... but I will test this tomorrow as I now have test files. :)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:39:47 am »

If you use a conversion cache and the file existed prior to your conversion setting changes, then MC is just transferring the old file.

progerman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:51:52 pm »

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense! I discovered the conversion cache last night, when my drive went to 19Mb of free space... :)

I will give this another try later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up