INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having issues with my library on USB drive connected to router  (Read 1862 times)

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck

Just upgraded to MC 23 & updated Netgear Nighthawk firmware. As it stands now, my library from the R7000 router USB drive is not showing all of the files on the drive. Not sure where it is getting the info for the library, but here are some strange findings. MC will play files that, when I try to locate on either "On Disk" or "External" reports "File does not exist. The file is actually playing! The file name is http://192.168.1.1:8200/mediaItems/4283.m4a. This is the router address.
I tried to delete the library, but it just reappears. At this point I would be OK with starting from scratch & setting up MC again. I don't know how to do that though. If anyone can get me started on a path to recovery I would be grateful.
Thanks,
Kev
P.S. I just "cleared library" & then Loaded the R7000 Library. Same files as before. I can see that drive in Explorer, not that I have updated the router, & verified that the files I want to see are on the drive.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Having issues with my library on USB drive connected to router
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:40:15 am »

I'm not familiar with your router, but you probably need to use the SMB address (i.e. //readyshare/mediaItems/, or something like that) or use Windows to map the network drive to a drive letter, as opposed to using the router's IP address.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:55:40 am »

I'm not familiar with your router, but you probably need to use the SMB address (i.e. //readyshare/mediaItems/, or something like that) or use Windows to map the network drive to a drive letter, as opposed to using the router's IP address.
Yes, it used to be called Readyshare. Everything went South the other day, not sure if it was a Windows update or what. I couldn't see the USB drive connected to the router until I updated the router firmware, now I can't figure out how to reconfigure MC.
Kev

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:02:22 pm »

I think I am going to be OK. I cleared the library & then Added files & pointed to the drive on the router that was now visible. I think what happened was related to my inability to see the drive in Explorer until I updated the router firmware. JRiver probably had the same issue & lost it's link. Not sure if it was a Windows 10 update or what started it, but MC is now adding all the files on the drive & I think all will be good.
Thanks,
Kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up