INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site can't be reached  (Read 2988 times)

imcardle

• Recent member
Site can't be reached
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:09:54 pm »

Hi,

My setup involving nothing more than a few Z-wave smart plugs controlled by a Z-Stick was working well until a couple of days ago and then, all of a sudden, Engen's scenes no longer work when I click on their buttons.  So what changed?  The only things I remember changing are that I installed some regular updates for Java and my anti-virus (Avast).  Could these have affected it?

I tried re-installing Engen and checking that I have the latest version - but now I can't open the Engen web page even on the PC that it is running on.  I just get a "site can't be reached" message.  I can, however, reach the MC Panel on port 52199.

Any suggestions as to how I can diagnose the problem, please?
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Site can't be reached
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:36:35 pm »

Did you power everything down and back up?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:37:44 pm »

And you know how I feel about antivirus software, so please investigate that aspect.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:48:56 am »

Here is one other thing to try. When you have Engen running, right click on the Engen icon in the taskbar and select "Open Client Terminal Window." If it cannot connect to the server, it might be a problem with the z-stick. You can check in the device manager to make sure the z-stick is showing up. It should show up under "Ports (COM & LPT)." You can also try removing the z-stick and rebooting the computer.

imcardle

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:13:21 am »

Thank you for your support with this issue.  I tried a restart, but that didn't fix it.  So I tried disabling all of the anti-virus "shields", powered the PC down (completely) and then back on again.  At this point, Engen started to work again - and, interestingly, continues to work even after re-enabling the anti-virus shields!

I still have no idea what is going on but, as JimH suspected, it does seem to have been affected by the recent anti-virus update.
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom
Pages: [1]   Go Up