INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change Embedded Album art?  (Read 3680 times)

MGS61

• Recent member
How to change Embedded Album art?
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:15:12 am »

Hi everyone,
I am totally new to this forum so please be gentle with me.

I have purchased the latest version of JRiver Media centre and have started to rip all my CD's as 0 compression FLAC files.
I have the settings set to download album art and store it in the same folder as the files as FOLDER.JPG.
I also have set :- Tools > Options > Files Location > Cover Art > Also store image in the file's tag > (checked).

I am using "Theatre View" to display from my laptop to TV.

The issue is that on some of the less known CD's, after the ripping process when i view the freshly ripped CD in Theatre View, there is no album art, (just a big blue music note symbol)?
I have tried downloading the correct album art and overwriting the FOLDER.JPG file in the particular folder containing the tracks, but this does not seem to effect the image shown in Theatre View (still just get the big blue music note symbol)?

So i guess what i need to find out is how and what to edit to change the album art displayed in Theatre view?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to change Embedded Album art?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:00:53 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You can copy from another site and paste into the tag window in MC.  Open the Tag Window and click on the cover art icon to begin.

We have a wiki that may help.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 06:41:37 am »

As you have noticed, just changing the file on disk isn't enough.  You have to tell MC that you are changing cover art.  Which is actually very easy from standard view (the normal computer interface).  I don't think you can do this from Theater View, but I'm not 100% sure.

From Standard View, just right click on the album cover (or all of the files in the album, highlighted at once) then Cover Art > Add from File
or
Cover Art > Paste from clipboard

I usually use the Paste from Clipboard option because that means I don't need to download a file.  I just find what I want with an image search, then copy the URL to the picture, and paste it into MC.  MC takes care of downloading the file, making it Folder.jpg, and embedding it in the file.

Speaking of, you used the term embedding.  Embedding puts the image *inside* the FLAC file.  So Folder.jpg file on disk, is unnecessary.  Because every FLAC of that album will have the album art inside it.  This is my prefered method because it means the art can never become separated from the music files.

MC has an option to do this.  I'm not sure if it's on by default.  Find it here:

Tools > Options > File Location > Covert Art > also store image in the file's tag > (checked)

I hope this helps.

Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 08:07:42 am »

The tag Image File will tell you if the album art is stored in the track file. I have a Smartlist that checks all the tracks to be sure that tags says Inside File, just to be sure the art gets copied yo every track file. Smartlists are a special type of playlists that lets you select tracks based on tag values. My smartlist is empty if all the tracks have the art embedded in the file, otherwise it shows the tracks I need to fix.

On a side note, flac 0 is not the same as uncompressed flac. It still undergoes a compression of almost 40%, almost as much as flac 5 or flac 6. If you want uncompressed flac, which is no compression but with a flac header, I do not thick  MC rips to that, although it will play it. dBpoweramp rips to uncompressed flac.

MGS61

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 02:12:33 am »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the replies and advise, i tried the solution suggested by Brian last night and it works perfectly, so many thank's everyone.
I am starting to get to know JRiver a bit better now, it's just that there are so many settings and options it's a bit bewildering to start with.

I am not sure if i need to ask a second question if i should start a fresh topic? But i have another thing i would like assistance with?

I have also installed JRiver on my elderly Fathers laptop and he has it connected to his TV via HDMI and to his Cambridge Audio 24 bit DAC via USB.
I have set JRiver to start in Theatre mode as he needs the large clear display as his eye sight is not that good.
I am trying to simplify Theatre View as much as possible, so have gone into settings and set it to Audio Only, and set the skin to the one that looks as easy to use as possible.

In a nut shell my question is this:-
Is there a way in Theatre View of adding Large conventional CD Player like buttons Permanently on the screen i.e. PLAY / PAUSE / STOP / F.FWD / RWD, as this would make it much easier for him to use?

Thank's again for any advise guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up